Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I have my semester assignment for my

Old 01-25-2007, 06:30 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have my semester assignment for my

Advanced Radio Production Class... I have to come with and format a radio station, do all the market research and figure out whether or not it would be feasible in the market area. For my format I decided to with a Folk/Folk Blues station and I will affiliate with NPR so that I can buy syndicated programming for various times. I have to come up with all the programming for a 24 hour clock and also for seven days. Sounds like it's going to be fun. I am trying to get a 2 hour time slot for my show, right now it looks like it will be around 3-5 pm on Thursday.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 01-25-2007, 06:47 AM
fjm1
G35

Is there a viable advertising stream for folk stations? AM or FM?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Originally Posted by fjm1
Is there a viable advertising stream for folk stations? AM or FM?

That's one of the reasons that I am choosing to be an NPR affiliate. It's kind of hard to find advertisers. This is most definately a niche market station. The folks that listen to this music are not the typical purchaser and I will look into advertisers that would sponsor specific types of shows thoughout the day. Green businesses that would like to associate with people that are self sustaining. My target audience would be "old hippy commune types", political and social activists, that typically lean to the left politically. I know it's a hard road to follow but there are successful folk/folkblues stations on the lower end of the FM dial (the left end that is occupied by NPR). This is a solo project for this class as each student gets to pick what they want to do to develop a station for the class and not an actual station.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...