Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Whats the well dressed man wearing this year?

Old 01-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats the well dressed man wearing this year?

I know Eddie is always on the edge of fashion so I am sure he already has his :chuckles:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lifesty...ent_789289.htm

Marni: Leggings are the new must-have
(FWD)
Updated: 2007-01-22 14:38

Milan - Now I know there are many out there who will think I have lost it when I write that a key, new must-have for men this coming fall will be a pair of leggings to be worn outside, not just in, the house, but that was the big message at the debut Marni men's runway show this morning in Milan.

Leggings made of microfiber cotton and wool, shown in violet, forest green and Milan fog gray, all of them with stirrup straps, except of course for a couple of them cut above the knee, accompanied half the looks in this poetic, polished and unexpected collection.

These leggy knits were paired with mercerized cotton jerkins, snug little Rude Boy with manners jackets and Two Tone era skinny ties ? a big Milan trend. Marni shoes were also real winners, knobby workerist boots in bottle green or metallic gray with subtle strips of contrasting color like burgundy.

"Unconventional but sophisticated," smiled Consuelo Castiglioni, Marni's Creative Director, backstage after the show.

One of several smart women setting the fashion agenda in Milan ? don't forget Miuccia, Donatella or Silvia ? Consuelo has been a major force in women's fashion for nearly a decade. Arguably no designer has a more devoted following among card-carrying fashionistas, editors, critics, stylists and PR folk, than Castiglioni. After just three seasons in men's wear she looks poised to extend her style hegemony into the masculine world.

That said, I know a lot of guys who wear leggings around the home to watch DVDs, lounge around before Premiership games or surf the Internet. But actually on the street, never mind into a nightclub or bar? Yet, the truth is that leggings are way more comfortable than pants and that if we fellows were not all so uptight and worried about our status we would have all begun wearing them a long time ago. So hats off to Castiglioni, and on with the leggings.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:21 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what the ghey
Old 01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea uhh not in america

loose pj bottoms around house ok not skin tight leggins...i have some of those but they go under my normal clothes and i call them thermal underwear
Old 01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

:rofl: high fashion will always confuse me
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
95SiR
hood rich

:rofl:!!!!! WTGHEY! :rofl: :fawk:!!
i dont wear that nonsense shit! :rofl:
Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

puahaha. nasty. its a fad and wont last more than a season
Old 01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Is it even a fad if no one but the biggest douches would wear one?

The only thing about clothing and "season" means something to me is that I can wait and buy something at half price a couple months down the road. Caring beyond that means you care too much for a piece of fabric sown together by some poor indentured wage-slave somewhere.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by Epoch
Is it even a fad if no one but the biggest douches would wear one?

The only thing about clothing and "season" means something to me is that I can wait and buy something at half price a couple months down the road. Caring beyond that means you care too much for a piece of fabric sown together by some poor indentured wage-slave somewhere.
yes

these kinds of things will come and go. but there are also things that are timeless, like a well tailored midnight-blue tuxedo

this other type of garbage only gets eaten up by retarded trend-whores :down:
Old 01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Holy shit! I better stock up on the Wal-Mart ones while still in fashion.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Ohhhhhh nooooooeeeees.

Reminds me of the dude that was snowboarding yesterday. He was wearing retro gear with a full bib and everything. Dumbass emo kid.