Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

port forwarding

Old 01-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default port forwarding

okay. i recently got invited to join oink.me.uk and decided to switch my bittorrent client from shareaza to utorrent. i know how to setup port forwarding, and its working fine on my desktop computer at home.

i spend a lot of time on my laptop here at my gf's house. she has cable and a wireless network. i setup utorrent on the laptop to forward the same port as im using at home so that if i use my laptop on my home network i won't have to change anything. everything is setup correctly... port permissions on my software firewall and on the router, and utorrent is pointing to the correct port as well. utorrent has a built-in port checker to make sure you can accept incoming connections on the specified port, and it says it is good.

however, im getting a little caution icon that says i dont have any incoming connections, and it sometimes comes up with the little red stop sign that says i can't connect.

for some reason when i started my laptop up for the first time today and started utorrent, it downloaded the torrents i had queued, but still wouldn't upload. i checked the config and for some reason utorrent changed the port to 49411 (i had everything set to 49410). now i can't get it to work anymore and its pissing me off.

any ideas? :hs:

cliifs: port 49410 is setup to be forwarded on router at gfs place and on my laptop's software firewall, and of course 49410 is the port i specified in the prefs in my client software. software runs auto-check and says all is kosher, but then still says i cannot accept incoming connections or am not connected at all. downloads/uploads dont work.