Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Best Buy Gurus...

Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Buy Gurus...

Could Bestbuy (or.com) price match an item from another online retailer?

I'm looking at a bluetooth headset and other online retailers are selling them for 50 bucks or less and BB has it for 90.

Thing is, the headset is not commonly found in nationwide B&M chains and I tried checking through BB.com and I could not find a definitive answer to their price matching policy.

I would opt to buying it on ebay or the other online retailer, but there are fakes that exist and I wouldn't want to deal with shipping and returning whatnot if I do end up with a fake headset. This is why I'd like to get it from BB as returning it won't be a problem.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i doubt it.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

bestbuy.com can not price match...in store it is up to the store's discretion if they wish to pricemath a online competitor...if its a unknown or random place generally no. also tend to add on next day shipping to the overall price, since in store you are picking it up instantly
Old 01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by airon
bestbuy.com can not price match...in store it is up to the store's discretion if they wish to pricemath a online competitor...if its a unknown or random place generally no. also tend to add on next day shipping to the overall price, since in store you are picking it up instantly
Thanks mang. I really appreciate the info. I kinda had an idea that BB wouldn't, but was hoping for a more definitive answer from somebody that knows.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
dubcac
I

also tend to add on next day shipping to the overall price, since in store you are picking it up instantly
That's fucking wack.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Nope......only price match from another competitor's ad and ad must be present and valid at checkout.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

Originally Posted by dubcac
That's fucking wack.
think about it this way. say bby is selling a flash drive for $35, and amazon has it for $20. The reason a lot of online companies can undercut so much in their expenses is due to not having extra expenses such as a physical store, employees, freight, rent, fuel, etc. So that's why the store will factor in shipping. You're picking it up in the store instantly, something you would more then likely not get if you ordered it online. Also by purchasing it in any retail location you have the ability to return/exchange in a store, know its a legit product and not deal with shipping. Up to you on where you get it from though.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
dubcac
I

think about it this way. say bby is selling a flash drive for $35, and amazon has it for $20. The reason a lot of online companies can undercut so much in their expenses is due to not having extra expenses such as a physical store, employees, freight, rent, fuel, etc. So that's why the store will factor in shipping. You're picking it up in the store instantly, something you would more then likely not get if you ordered it online. Also by purchasing it in any retail location you have the ability to return/exchange in a store, know its a legit product and not deal with shipping. Up to you on where you get it from though.
I don't have a problem with them factoring in shipping...but next day shipping? :down:
Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Well the place that I was gonna do the price match with was J&R which has a B&M store, but I think it's only in NY.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:29 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

Originally Posted by randomtask77
Well the place that I was gonna do the price match with was J&R which has a B&M store, but I think it's only in NY.
that would be tough then, its not even a local competitor, honestly if it was me I would not do the price match. Just giving you the truth man!