Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Yet another speeding ticket question :rolleyes:

Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet another speeding ticket question :rolleyes:

I know the board has has a fair number of these threads come up but my reluctance to post this was outweighed by my frustration of not knowing what to do. So here it goes:

On Monday I was driving back up from the Bronx on I-87 North with my cruise set at about 70 mph give or take. I passed a trooper thinking I was good and next thing you know, I see the dreaded flashing lights in my rear view and I pull over. The officer wrote me a ticket for going 75 in a 65 and went on his way. I didn't bother to argue with an officer, because it is pretty much pointless, but I know I was certainly set around 70 mph. The problem is, I got the ticket about 2 hours away from my house and if I plead not guilty I won't be able to drive 2 hours to the court house to defend myself. Is there another way I can handle this without having to plead guilty and pay a fine?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Pete
Civilian

Originally Posted by Brar
does NY have Written Declarations?
I'm not sure. See, I would like to request a supporting deposition but I'm not sure if I can do that without pleading not guilty and being obligated to show up to court.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:52 PM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you can move courts. You can do that in CA atleast
Old 01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Move to another state. Then you wont have to worry about it.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Pete
Civilian

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
Move to another state. Then you wont have to worry about it.
Yeah right, last thing I need is warrants in any state. I mean, if it were a ticket I got going cross country and it was in like Mississippi or some state I will never go back to then I wouldn't care, but this is my stompin' ground state h: