Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

1995 water pump and timing belt.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
buddyv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 water pump and timing belt.

How difficult is it to change a water pump, and timing belt on a 1995 Acura Integra LS 1.8? Is this something I can do, or are special tool required? Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
catatonic
(´Д`)

It's a bit more difficult than posting in the correct forum or using a search button. You might want to find someone who's done it before to help.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:53 PM
buddyv

Originally Posted by catatonic
It's a bit more difficult than posting in the correct forum or using a search button. You might want to find someone who's done it before to help.
The Do it yourself forum is closed; until your question is approved for posting.

Now, any special tools required for this job?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by buddyv
The Do it yourself forum is closed; until your question is approved for posting.

Now, any special tools required for this job?
Simple hand tools, Jack, Jack stands, and if your not familiar with Honda engines you definitely need a helms manual.

If your changing the timing belt, this is an excellent time to replace the cam seals, tensioner, and inspect the oil pump main seal.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:49 PM
buddyv

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
Simple hand tools, Jack, Jack stands, and if your not familiar with Honda engines you definitely need a helms manual.

If your changing the timing belt, this is an excellent time to replace the cam seals, tensioner, and inspect the oil pump main seal.
Thank you 2001TEGGSR. This is the info I need. I've worked on cars for years, and this will be my go on an Integra. Any other advice?

Once again thank you.