Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

W-9 engine

Old 01-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W-9 engine

Hi peeps. I know I've been absent for forever and a week. Just thought I'd post something I ran across. I bet many of you would get a kick out of this.

Some crazy Swede made a W-9 engine as part of an engine-designing project. I was expecting something a lot more complicated than this, but it actually is a lot simpler and probably more durable than I was expecting...

http://www.atomracing.se/6M.html

Look for the tri-turbo power projection for this puppy. I was expecting to see a lot more torque, but... what can you do? Interesting is the least I can say about it.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:46 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

I like this line: Only 36 valves to adjust.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 01-16-2007, 06:11 AM
JGordon

A 3.0 liter N/A engine making 526 horsepower? Sign me up!

Though it doesn't hit that power peak until 10,700 rpm, with a redline at 12,500. Maybe a little peaky. Might be a nice engine to drop into an NSX while keeping the NSX's character.