Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Wireless Gurus...help please

Old 01-15-2007, 04:14 AM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless Gurus...help please

So this morning I hooked up my WRT54G that I bought last night. Well I got everything set up but it was prompting me to set up the Norton that came free on it. Well I already have a good Security Software on my computer.

Problem is, when I clicked back, it brought me to the very beginning and I didn't get to set up the encryption to secure my wireless connection...so as of now other people can piggyback off of me b/c I don't have a password & shit set up. Is there a way I can just go back and set up the encryption without having to go through the entire Set up process?

Thanks in advance...I'm a big noob at this stuff.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:02 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

punch that up in the internet browser....

or whatever ip u designated the box to use...will be prompted for user and pass if you have one....that will let you into all the options for the box..wep is one of the sections
Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 AM
catatonic
(´Д`)

^ Bear in mind that this should be done via a wired connection. Otherwise your wireless connection will be dropped when you make the changes. Plug in the ethernet, make the changes, then change your comp to match the SSID and network key.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Step 1. Don't install their software. (If you did, slap your wrist and go uninstall it)

Step 2. Do any configuration through the web interface.

Step 3. Remove anything considered "Security Software" (all you need is AVG, Adaware, Spybot and Firefox, if you manage to get infected with that and still get spyware, you fail at the internet, get off the internet)