Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Burger King Games Rival Gears Of War Sales

Old 12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Burger King Games Rival Gears Of War Sales

While games like Gears of War may sell based on quality (and hype), branded shovelware like Sneak King, Big Bumpin', and Pocketbike Racer sells on price. And close proximity to Whopper Jr. value meals.

According to the Burger King corporation they've sold over 2 million copies of their games-as-advertising series starring the King, Brooke Burke, and the Subservient Chicken. Best of all, they know what they've got on their hands. Chris DiCesare, director of Xbox partnership marketing, said of the games:

We're elated that our effort to pair two iconic brands has succeeded in providing Xbox owners with a fun diversion this holiday.

That's right. Diversions. How humble. Hey, I'm not knocking it. I've even got a shrinkwrapped copy of Big Bumpin' lying around here somewhere. Full release after the jump. Michael McWhertor
[spoiler=article]
BURGER KING(R) Xbox Games Are Best-Selling Collection of 2006 Holiday Season

More than 2 Million Games Sold Nationwide at BURGER KING(R) Restaurants in Four Weeks

MIAMI, Dec. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Released on Nov. 19, more than 2 million BK(R) Xbox games have been sold in just four weeks, joining the ranks of other top-selling Xbox 360 titles such as "Call of Duty 3" and "Saint's Row," making it the best-selling collection of games published for the Xbox/Xbox 360 platforms this holiday season.

All three Xbox games in the collection -- "Pocketbike Racer," "Big Bumpin'," "Sneak King" -- are available at participating BURGER KING(R) restaurants, for a limited time only while supplies last, for a recommended price of $3.99 per game with the purchase of a BK(R) Value Meal.

"We created the BK(R) Xbox games as a unique form of all-family interactive entertainment, and we're thrilled with the response thus far," said Russ Klein, president, global marketing, strategy, and innovation, Burger King Corporation. "Most video games are considered a blockbuster when they reach the 1 million mark in sales, and this collection has achieved twice that, thanks in part to the great value for the money and convenient holiday stocking stuffer appeal."

Compatible on both Xbox and Xbox 360 platforms, the BK(R) Xbox Game Collection is based on some of the most popular video game genres -- racing, action and adventure -- and rated "E" for everyone. The three BK(R) Xbox Live-enabled titles blend the popularity of BURGER KING(R) brand icons, such as the King and Subservient Chicken, into visually rich, three-dimensional environments that give players of all ages an entertaining, interactive experience on one of the most popular video game platforms in the world.

"Consumers have come to expect the unexpected from Burger King Corporation so their appetite for these games is not entirely surprising," said Chris DiCesare, director of Xbox partnership marketing. "We're elated that our effort to pair two iconic brands has succeeded in providing Xbox owners with a fun diversion this holiday."

Developed by Blitz Games, one of Europe's largest independent video game developers, the three games feature exciting multi-player opportunities via Xbox Live, as well as "achievements" and other aspects of
gameplay that Xbox owners know and love. For more information on the BK(R) Xbox Game Collection and Xbox Live tournaments, please visit http://www.bkgamer.com

[/spoiler]
Old 12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats cool and all, but xbox still sucks
Old 12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Originally Posted by 19.3secFerio
thread crapper :squint:
Old 12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by Jani
what else can I say?

maybe this will start a trend where major corperations are going to flood the market with inexpensive party games in an effort to invade our lives even more than they already do all in the name of the mighty dollar?

yay, I'm thrilled
Old 12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Jani

takes one to know one
Old 12-20-2006, 08:43 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

360 > *
Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by dE.fUsEd
360 > *
pc > consol
Old 12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

what else can I say?

maybe this will start a trend where major corperations are going to flood the market with inexpensive party games in an effort to invade our lives even more than they already do all in the name of the mighty dollar?

yay, I'm thrilled
Yeah because Battlefield 2142 hasn't already proven it can and will be done. It also destroyed the sales of an otherwise awesome game.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

I still have a copy of Sneak King in the wrapper. Haven't ever wanted to even try it yet.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Yeah because Battlefield 2142 hasn't already proven it can and will be done. It also destroyed the sales of an otherwise awesome game.
you're absolutely right.
Battlefield 2142 shipped with dynamic in-game advertising provided by IGA Worldwide, a similar system is featured in games such as Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and SWAT 4,[9] which means changing adverts on objects such as billboards in-game. These in-game adverts have been dubbed as adware by some and there has been a vocal backlash against the game.[10] There were also accusations that the game contained spyware which monitors the user's web-browsing habits. However, DICE employees have claimed on the game's forums that the game only reports what in-game adverts you look at, and for how long.[11] The Australian version of 2142 however lacks the Dynamic Advertising feature[12] as it is believed to be illegal under the Australian Spyware Act.[13]