Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Olympus Stylus 720 SW

Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Olympus Stylus 720 SW

well this is the other camera i was looking at at best buy the other day.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1225

7.1mp, waterproof, shock proof. any thoughts? i really dont know what im looking for in the lens or anything, and it was suggested that less mp with a better lens would be better than the sony camera with 10mp.

:dunno:
Old 12-19-2006, 07:00 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude go with the Fuji F20 or F30 that I linked you to in your other thread. They're small deck-of-cards sized cameras just like these other ones and have good lenses and the best sensors.

But just to cover all the bases...

Olympus makes nice cameras however I would stay away from that one. It has a folded-optics lens. Basically the lens you see on the front of the camera is like the top bit of a periscope, and the actual lens sits vertically in the camera looking up at a mirror which reflects the light coming in from that one lens on the front. It makes the camera smaller but it's not a high-quality setup. If I were to pick a Stylus it would be either the 740 or the 750. They're the same but the 750 adds optical image stabilization to its lens.

Another option would be the Canon SD700 IS, it has optical image stabilization like the Stylus 750 and is perhaps a bit more responsive.

All the cameras mentioned so far have been on the slightly chunky side of pocket cameras. If you want the thinnest, slimmest one possible, then go for the Casio EX-S770. Image quality is not quite as good as the F20/F30, Stylus 750, or SD700 IS, but it's super thin and fancy looking.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks man, i was debating on pm'ing you or posting h: