Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

in a dilemma...help snoopy make up his mind :confusedsnoopy:

Old 11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in a dilemma...help snoopy make up his mind :confusedsnoopy:

currently i have a 95 civic ex with a b18c1 swap. when i first bought it i was originally looking for a 94-98 gsr but the civic kinda fell in my lap and i jumped on it. thinking about it now i probably jumped the gun on it. i shoulda held out longer for a better car. the only problem with it is it has a salvaged title, making me not want to dump a ton of money into it because if it ever gets stolen or something happens, im SOL. now here's you guys come into play. should i...
a) keep the civic and mod it and hope for the best
or
b) sell the civic and look for a 94-98 teg ls

i originally wanted a gsr, but an ls is going to be cheaper on insurance and gas. and with the plans i have for the car, an ls would be a better starting platform.

oh what to do. :crazyr:
Old 11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a 94-97 LS. 98's have the refinement done.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
Buy a 94-97 LS. 98's have the refinement done.
i like those refinements. just that 94-97 would probably be cheaper.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

my answer is b
Old 11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
joebenz
nelson rules

keep your car. it's faster.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
2001TEGGSR

You already have a B18c1, going from that to an LS will just plain suck. IMO anyway. Is there anything wrong with the civic? Do you owe anything on it? I assume your getting the itch to boost. I'd just keep the civic and turbo-charge that.

On a side note, Just because you have a salvage title doesn't mean shit if it gets stolen or totaled. I would only think it would affect the re-sale value. Maybe i'm wrong...

If your dead set on an Integra -- I definitely understand. In that case, I'd find a cheap d engine (or whatever came in that civic) and keep your GSR engine. Then find an Integra shell to swap it into. Or an LS - and keep the spare block to build for more boost.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR

If your dead set on an Integra -- I definitely understand. In that case, I'd find a cheap d engine (or whatever came in that civic) and keep your GSR engine. Then find an Integra shell to swap it into. Or an LS - and keep the spare block to build for more boost.
:werd: I'm with him on this one
Old 11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

the amount of money you're going to spend on the LS to make it as nice, if not nicer, than the GSR/Type-R could be spent on making your current ride more pimped.

i guarantee in a couple of years you're going to be wishing you didn't spend the time and money into the LS because you want a totally different car.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
You already have a B18c1, going from that to an LS will just plain suck. IMO anyway. Is there anything wrong with the civic? Do you owe anything on it? I assume your getting the itch to boost. I'd just keep the civic and turbo-charge that.

On a side note, Just because you have a salvage title doesn't mean shit if it gets stolen or totaled. I would only think it would affect the re-sale value. Maybe i'm wrong...

swapping is too much of a pain in the dick. Snoop are you going to get killed when you sell the civic? I assume you would due to the title. I would just find a sucker for it and then get a teg
Old 11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Bone a chick