Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I donated blood for the first time today.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I donated blood for the first time today.

They were taking people on campus for donations today so I decided, why not. Well, it was my first time and the guy was talking about "Let's do a double red!" and I'm all like "Ummm, ok sure."

Turns out a "double red" basically means they take twice the red blood cells and fill you back up with plasma so you don't lose fluid volume. Holy shit was I dizzy. I had to drink like 4 capri suns before I could walk straight.

Overall, it wasn't that bad of an experience. It was cool to see my blood going through the machine and into the bag. However, the plasma he was using was fresh out of the truck and he didn't heat it up or anything, so it felt like ice flowing through my veins on the transfer. Aside from some shivers, it was definitely rewarding and cool.

Also, the chicks were all like "ooooOOOOOooo, he just did a double red. What a real man!" h:
Old 10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:goodjob:

I'm afraid of needles h:
Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

I donated once. I have a rare blood type apparently...I got them to stop sending me 300 letters a month by writing 'i have contracted HIV' on their letter and mailing it back to them h:
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Pete
Civilian

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
I donated once. I have a rare blood type apparently...I got them to stop sending me 300 letters a month by writing 'i have contracted HIV' on their letter and mailing it back to them h:
Yikes. Not that it matters, but you will never be able to donate again or if someone you know needs it, you may not be considered for donation because they will have put that in their database.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

I just drink some red bawls and I'm good to go.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Pete
Yikes. Not that it matters, but you will never be able to donate again or if someone you know needs it, you may not be considered for donation because they will have put that in their database.
i doubt it would be hard to figure out by looking at my medical records. i take yearly physicals with blood tests.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Originally Posted by Pete
You just got owned son....Yall take the inernet to serious

EDIT: Nevermind, i just owned my self

I've only had blood taken from me twice to get blood tests done...it didnt hurt one bit
Old 10-24-2006, 01:48 PM
dj02
click click

i wish i could donate, they dont let me cuzz i smoke the pot :badnito:
Old 10-24-2006, 03:55 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

:bigok:That's great, wish I could, but unfortunately because of my liver transplant and Hep C I'm not able to anymore. :goodjob:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Good for you! I've donated blood twice. Each time, I blew chunks. There's something about my body and blood loss that makes me vomit. The first time @ a blood drive in 12th grade, and the second time was @ UCLA. My mother was having surgery, and I gave blood as a back-up. ftw