Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anyone see Cris Carter's Mike Vick interview?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone see Cris Carter's Mike Vick interview?

on Inside the NFL on HBO...Vick pretty much trashed his entire receiver corp. Carter asked Vick if he ever wished that he had a Terrell Owens or Marvin Harrison or some big #1 receiver and Vick got all bleary eyed, named a couple other receivers and started daydreaming about how great it would be to have one of those guys instead of saying anything about his current receivers or saying how one of them might one day be his #1 guy :rofl:

the look in Carter's eyes was priceless...it was such an obvious bait question and you could just see him saying 'dude...shut the fuck up' in his head :chuckles:
Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He had a point...until yesterday. o:
Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

and he also whined for like 5 minutes about how the coordinaters don't let him do anything himself offensively...like he can't call plays, audibles or check off receivers. Perhaps because he's a complete moron.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:07 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

In the interview with the former NFL wide receiver, Vick also chimed in on several other subjects. Here are some excerpts:

• "You've got to throw the ball sometimes," Vick said. "You can't just line up and run the ball every time on first and second down. Teams key in on that and they have coaches, too. We're going to have to throw it more ... Coach [Jim Mora] is going have to trust in me to get it done and I'm up to the challenge to get it done."

• Carter: "It seems as if when Coach [Dan] Reeves, who drafted you, when he was here, you threw the ball as effective or even better, and definitely more than you throw the ball now."

Vick: "When Reeves was here, I was 50 yards shy of 3,000 yards passing, and I was among top 15 in passing in NFL. Coach Reeves, he believed in me and gave me a chance to throw the football." :wtc:

• Carter: "Do you ever sit back and say, 'Man, you know, I wish I had Chad Johnson. I wish I had a Randy Moss ...'"

Vick: "Or a Marvin Harrison. ... I always think about that, Cris. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week."
Old 10-23-2006, 08:13 PM
dubcac
I

Love it or hate it, the guy has a point...especially on running the ball every down.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM
useless
i like cheese

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
and he also whined for like 5 minutes about how the coordinaters don't let him do anything himself offensively...like he can't call plays, audibles or check off receivers. Perhaps because he's a complete moron.
but... but... he's mike vick
lol, soo over rated

He could have marvin harrison, steve smith, anquan boldin and any other all star wr you want and he'd still have the same accuracy problems. Someone should show him the patriots recieving core and ask where the all star receivers are there and ask him how tom brady seems to do ok with them.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:52 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by useless
but... but... he's mike vick
lol, soo over rated

He could have marvin harrison, steve smith, anquan boldin and any other all star wr you want and he'd still have the same accuracy problems. Someone should show him the patriots recieving core and ask where the all star receivers are there and ask him how tom brady seems to do ok with them.
:werd: some how Brady makes something out of nothing. Vick should look at what Brady has done with his no name recievers Doug Gabriel, Chad Jackson, Reche Cauldwell, and his old slow reliable Troy Brown. He shreaded Buffalo this weekend with that corp. Instead of bitching about his recievers, he should work even harder to gel with the recievers he's got. Brady was pissed about Branch not comming back to the team and in the begining of the season you could tell that it affected him. Now 6 games into the season he's finally on the same page with his current recievers, and the team hasn't even peaked yet. I don't think Vick is willing to put in the work like some other QBs. There is a reason Manning, and Brady are who they are. They go out there and bust their asses.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:10 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

I dunno, I saw the interview and I think he's got a point. He definitely backed up the fact that he can throw on Sunday.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 AM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by skabone69
:werd: some how Brady makes something out of nothing. Vick should look at what Brady has done with his no name recievers Doug Gabriel, Chad Jackson, Reche Cauldwell, and his old slow reliable Troy Brown. He shreaded Buffalo this weekend with that corp. Instead of bitching about his recievers, he should work even harder to gel with the recievers he's got. Brady was pissed about Branch not comming back to the team and in the begining of the season you could tell that it affected him. Now 6 games into the season he's finally on the same page with his current recievers, and the team hasn't even peaked yet. I don't think Vick is willing to put in the work like some other QBs. There is a reason Manning, and Brady are who they are. They go out there and bust their asses.
The reasons they are better:

Better offensive lines
Better WR's
Better play calling
Better run game with a RB, not a QB
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

yodub chills