Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Problems Burning DVD's

Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems Burning DVD's

I've never had problems burning DVD's before but for some reason the last 5 DVD's I burned aren't working in my DVD player. I am using some Memorex double layer dvd's for the first time so I am thinking that might be the problem. I've only used Maxell dvd's up to this point. Is there anyway to figure out if the problem is with the Memorex DVD's? 2/5 of the DVD's will play on the computer after burning but none will play on the DVD player. I really don't want to waste my last Maxell double layer dvd trying to find out if it will work or not. How can I tell?

EDIT: I figured out what the problem is....MEMOREX DL DVD'S SUCK!!!! I read a few forums and everyone was complaining about them so I used one of the last Maxell one's I had lying around and what do you know...works fine...I guess I just wasted $40 on 25 costers. Anyway, don't buy memorex DL DVD's. Everyone on the DVD forums says that Verbatim is the best but I've never tried them, for me Maxell has never failed. Fuck you Memorex

Last edited by LABARINTH; 09-13-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Wow quick delivery on those items eh?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:14 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by RicoD
lol...no I have some others that I am backing up.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by RicoD
:chuckles:

How old is your DVD player? Some of the old ones have a hard time reading the Dual-Layered ones. In addition to that, movie companies are changing encryption pretty fast these days.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Hans Stoner
pimpin' south jersey

^^ yea and some dvd players don't play certain dvd brands (media)....

I wouldn't use DUAL LAYER eighter, just stick with what u were using before
Old 09-13-2006, 05:27 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by Chefboiali
:chuckles:

How old is your DVD player? Some of the old ones have a hard time reading the Dual-Layered ones. In addition to that, movie companies are changing encryption pretty fast these days.
My DVD player is about 2 years old and I got it specifically because it plays double layer dvd's. I know it works too because it plays the 3 or 4 double layer dvd's I burned on my Maxell double layer dvd's.

Originally Posted by Hans Stoner
^^ yea and some dvd players don't play certain dvd brands (media)....

I wouldn't use DUAL LAYER eighter, just stick with what u were using before
I was using Maxell Double Layer DVD's before and they worked fine (I only burned 3-4 of them tho). The rest were on regular Maxell DVDs.

Is there any way to figure out what the problem is?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Hmmm.... How new are the movies you're trying to back-up? The newer ones are harder to rip. See if there are updates to the app. you're using.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Hmmm.... How new are the movies you're trying to back-up? The newer ones are harder to rip. See if there are updates to the app. you're using.
I don't think the ripping is the problem. They are all ripped to the computer right now and play fine. The programs I am using show that there is no encryption on them anymore and even if there was the program I use to burn would remove it even if it weren't already removed.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by LABARINTH
I don't think the ripping is the problem. They are all ripped to the computer right now and play fine. The programs I am using show that there is no encryption on them anymore and even if there was the program I use to burn would remove it even if it weren't already removed.
All I got left is to maybe make sure buffer underrun protection is on, and burn at the slowest rate possible.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:45 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

All I got left is to maybe make sure buffer underrun protection is on, and burn at the slowest rate possible.
no, my buffer never dropped below 90%. I wish I could figure out what the problem is.

Is there anyway to test the blank DVD's for bad sectors or something?