Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Interesting Dilemna

Old 09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting Dilemna

Ok so since i havent been working i've been looking for other sources of income. I came across this place called Rescuecom where basically when i get paged i go and fix the pc issue. Well before i saw them i interviewed with IBM and got the job. Basically it's doing the same thing as Rescuecom, except it's with a big company called IBM.

I didnt think of much when applying for the rescuecom job until i got a phone call for a 10 minute interview today. Guy sent me a contract and told me the specifics of the job. Basically i'll be on call 24x7 just like IBM. But....here comes the difference.

Right now IBM is paying me $18/hour for the call. At IBM i'm supplemental and part time. Meaning when there's a big job that needs 2 techs. They send me along. If there's no work, then there's no work

Here's an excerpt from the contract with Rescuecom.
The pay rates are $25/hr for the first hour, $45/hr for each additional hour. Emergency rates are $45 1st hour, $65 each additional hour. 15% commission on all goods sold to the customer. Plus other bonuses that we will send the details of later.
I dont really wanna dick over IBM since i tried so hard to get in there. Neither one is giving me benefits. So i'm trying to figure out if there's a way i can juggle the 2. The guy sounds like he wants me to leave IBM and come with him.

Decisions Decisions
Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
95SiR
hood rich

what happens if you get paged and you dont go?
Old 09-12-2006, 01:02 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Originally Posted by 95SiR
what happens if you get paged and you dont go?
From the .pdf they had me read. Rescuecom will just send it to another tech. IBM will send it to another tech. But they will also start questioning how much i wanna work and could potentially cut me off some work if something i could do comes up.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:15 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Do you want me to save your Minesweeper game?