Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

There will be one more Asian at tonight's Nascar Nextel Cup in Richmond.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:31 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There will be one more Asian at tonight's Nascar Nextel Cup in Richmond.

h:

A couple coworkers and I are leaving in about an hour to head to the race. We've got VIP passes through Nextel so it's box seats, and they give you headsets to listen to the drivers. It will be my first time at a Nascar event. I won't be suprised if I get bored watching cars take hundreds of left hand turns. Oh well, I plan on getting drunk.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ive always wanted to go to a nascar race. i almost went to watkins glen this year, but its a lot of money. itll be really fun
Old 09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest, I had a lot of fun and it's wayyyyyy better in person. I don't know how anyone can watch it on TV but just being there was fucking awesome.

There were thousands and thousands of people camped out around the track, on the sides of roads, and in residents driveways and lawns. We ended up parking down a residential street and in someones backyard for $20, and that was still a good half mile from the gate. Tailgater's were everywhere in their Trucks and RV's completely decked out with TV's and Lazyboy recliners. I even saw one with a full sized pool table outside.

Barenaked Ladies was there to perform and even did the National Anthem. Immediately after that they had 3 guys drop out of plane and parachute down on the track. And then a crew of F16's flew directly over the stadium. The whole vibe of the crowd at that point was awesome!

And then "Gentlemen, start your engines!" The stadium rumbled with all the cars starting up and revving their motors.

We stayed till about lap 350/400 then headed out to beat the crowd. It was defintely cool to listen to all the different drivers on the headset. You could lock on one driver or scan channels, so you could hear their pit crew talking back to them about tire pressures and adjustments of the track bar, etc. I'm for sure going to the next race in town.