Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

VW low ego emissions commercials.. -- inspired by chimchim's thread --

Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 AM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VW low ego emissions commercials.. -- inspired by chimchim's thread --

as with most all of them, these VW commercials amuse but irritate me at the same time. why? maybe it's just me, but the majority of VW owners i've come across have anything but low egos regarding what they drive...

for example..
Originally Posted by wilsel
Sounds like my coworker. He bought a new Passat, and during the first month they had to replace the headgasket because it was "crimped" or something during manufacturing. So what does he do? He buys his son a Jetta 6 months later.

I know 3 people that have had several VW's, and they've had problems with all of them. Yet they love them to death, and are repeat buyers. I can't figure it out :dunno:
QFT. i've seen this crap a million times. VW owners who, despite the poor reliability of their cars, swear up and down that VW is the best, and try to push their damn cars on everyone around them.

Last edited by reno96teg; 06-07-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Yeah my roommate was debating between a TSX and a new Jetta so I told him to go the TSX route. He asked me why because the Jetta "looks cool". So I told him, it doesn't matter how cool a car looks if it is always in the shop.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:05 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

:werd:

Guy here is like that, always wearing polos from 1985 with the collar popped up bragging about his Jetta. Yet it seems 20% of the time he's not driving it.... cause it's in the shop!

Maybe it's cause they get free loaner cars and get to try out other cars all the time. Actually that could be it, they THINK they love their cars because they are always having to focus their attention on it, because it's always broken. How many people go around loving or hating their favorite drink container? None, cause they don't fail, people don't think about them.

Last edited by clickwir; 06-07-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Jaguars are the same way...always in the shop.

oh...and its collar
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by Dweezel
Yeah my roommate was debating between a TSX and a new Jetta so I told him to go the TSX route. He asked me why because the Jetta "looks cool". So I told him, it doesn't matter how cool a car looks if it is always in the shop.
your roomate actually had to debate that one? TSX hands down, the car look better, and performs better.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Joe

my dad's V8 Touareg runs fine, and he has a 74 VW thing that still runs
Old 06-07-2006, 08:01 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

VW's just have this dorky feel to them IMO. I don't think I could ever own one unless it was a bug I fixed up to go play in the dirt with.

Thier turbo systems suck too.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by Draconius
Jaguars are the same way...always in the shop.

oh...and its collar
Jaguar has a prestige and heritage to it... you dont get a Jaguar (Althought the new ones are apparently reliable), as a daily driver or a reliable car. you get it as a week-end car. I know i now have to take care of 1 for the summer and at 29L/100KM it kills my budget BIG TIME!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Originally Posted by skabone69
your roomate actually had to debate that one? TSX hands down, the car look better, and performs better.
Well the TSX is more expensive. He has been suckered by advertising.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:26 AM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by Tark
you dont get a Jaguar (Althought the new ones are apparently reliable), as a daily driver or a reliable car. you get it as a week-end car.
i see plenty of daily driver jags every day.