Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

little help from PA,NY,and other closebys

Old 05-20-2006, 05:45 AM
gottaBfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help from PA,NY,and other closebys

i'm looking for a nice place to go camping that has nice hiking/mountain biking trails. somewheres that has a nice view and you have to have 4WD to get there. any help would be great. i know i could look it up on the internet, but i wouldn't be getting any quite place by doing that.

thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 05:58 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

PA Wilds hands down. Just driving through there is an experience since there isn't civilization for about 36 miles.

http://www.visitpa.com/visitpa/wilds.do
Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 AM
canada

AOL in Lake George, NY. Right in the heat of Adirondacks. Its close to the trail for their largest mountain and also some easy trails with EXCEPTIONAL views
Old 05-20-2006, 06:05 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

No, boring.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:06 AM
gottaBfast

Originally Posted by canada
AOL in Lake George, NY. Right in the heat of Adirondacks. Its close to the trail for their largest mountain and also some easy trails with EXCEPTIONAL views
i didn't even think of Lake Goerge, i was up there last year for 4th of july, but there were no trails were i went

PA is kinda what im leaning toward, just have to find a nice place that isn't overly populated
Old 05-20-2006, 06:07 AM
90CvcDX
kekeke

dont kno if you want to hit up the Apalachian Trail, kinda far from NY
Old 05-20-2006, 06:09 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

I took Lee through the PA Wilds he might agree you get a great view and scenery.

I was driving out there one evening it was overcast. I crested a mountain and suddenly there was snow all over the place and I had to go down a 40 grade mountain road with hairpin turns all over the place. Then I eventually drove into Renovo where they see sunlight for about 5-6 hours a day because the town is in a deep valley where the mountains block sunlight.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:13 AM
gottaBfast

Originally Posted by LT
I took Lee through the PA Wilds he might agree you get a great view and scenery.

I was driving out there one evening it was overcast. I crested a mountain and suddenly there was snow all over the place and I had to go down a 40 grade mountain road with hairpin turns all over the place. Then I eventually drove into Renovo where they see sunlight for about 5-6 hours a day because the town is in a deep valley where the mountains block sunlight.
are there little roads/trails that you can drive as far as you can and then set up a tent in a nice place?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by LT

:werd: that was prob. one of the best drives I have ever been on. The scenery was beautiful.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:27 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

The most "offroading" I've done with my Integra was pulling into the sand beach spot next to our camp spot up by Sackets Harbor, NY. h:

I also had a good time at a camp ground right next to Lake George, NY. Beautiful area.