Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Room-mate problemo. Would like help and advice

Old 05-18-2006, 12:58 AM
S14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Room-mate problemo. Would like help and advice

Hey guys, I'm sure some of you know who my roommate is. He nearly got me banned by coming on here and arguing with people (under my name). Then I made him sign up for his own account and he was banned no later than 1 week.

So I'd really like to make this last month rather difficult for the guy, but legally and realisticlly.

Check it out:

Room mate parties all the time, hangs around people who do to. Every night and every weekend he goes out.

Every 3rd of the month our rent is due. He went to Phoenix for Cinco De Mayo. My apartment complex calls and says that his rent check bounced. He then later gives them a cashiers check, but not for the full amount. I had to cover the rest so we wouldn't be evicted.

Upon receiving the money from him, I asked that he moves out by July 1st. (I will be moving out as well). I also wanted him to type it up and sign / date it.

Well he types up a letter alright. Saying that he is forced to move out because of my uncleanleness and poor communication. He said that I did not pay any of the deposit or first months rent. He also said that he would submit a copy of this to the rental office.
-----

He has removed all his belongings from the kitchen and living room. However, some of my belongings were in there as well. Therefor I left a note kindly saying to return the items. Will he? I don't know.

-----

I have a good friend staying with me, for two weeks, because his apartment complex is not ready for him to move in. He just landed a job here in the city and he does not want to commute two hours each way. So I let him stay. More importantly, I let my roommate know this before hand via a voicemail. His reply was "I do not feel comfortable with someone staying for two weeks" via text message.

The way I see it, my friend is in need. He is not here to visit or hang out. He also bought food and paid for some utilities. He's been here for two days. He works 12 hour days. He will only be here for 8 days.

I get a text message saying "So I take it that you disregarded my text about your friend staying for two weeks."

------

Any good ideas when it comes to making life difficult for him? He acts very childish and immature. He does not like confrontation and will probably not talk to me. This is not the first time he has acted like this. He does this every 2 to 3 months.

I'd like to go by the book on this one. Give him enough rope, he'll hang himself.

/rant

with finals and starting a new job next week, I really don't need to deal with this shit. He wouldn't know because he does not go to school and will never go back. He is content with his job and friends and lifestyle.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:07 AM
90CvcDX
kekeke

would this roommate of yours go by the name "I Killed Tupac"? h:
Old 05-18-2006, 06:11 AM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Originally Posted by S14
Every 3rd of the month our rent is due. He went to Phoenix for Cinco De Mayo. My apartment complex calls and says that his rent check bounced. He then later gives them a cashiers check, but not for the full amount. I had to cover the rest so we wouldn't be evicted.

Upon receiving the money from him, I asked that he moves out by July 1st. (I will be moving out as well). I also wanted him to type it up and sign / date it.

Well he types up a letter alright. Saying that he is forced to move out because of my uncleanleness and poor communication. He said that I did not pay any of the deposit or first months rent. He also said that he would submit a copy of this to the rental office.
That letter really means nothing so I wouldn't worry about it. If you did in fact pay part of the deposit or first months rent, make sure that you have documentation. Not for the rental office, but in case he tries to take you to court. Also, make sure you have documentation regarding the issue with this month's rent. I am not sure how you two split up the rent but I am assuming you each pay your share and you had to cover a portion of his share. Best advice I can give besides documenting everything is to NOT sign anything. BTW, your security deposit should be in both of your names so if he tries to cash it without your signature, or forges your signature, you can him on that.

He has removed all his belongings from the kitchen and living room. However, some of my belongings were in there as well. Therefor I left a note kindly saying to return the items. Will he? I don't know.
That sucks but sometimes you just have to let it be. If it is stuff with value, make sure you document what you had and what it was worth. This will help you if you need to take him to court down the road.

I have a good friend staying with me, for two weeks, because his apartment complex is not ready for him to move in. He just landed a job here in the city and he does not want to commute two hours each way. So I let him stay. More importantly, I let my roommate know this before hand via a voicemail. His reply was "I do not feel comfortable with someone staying for two weeks" via text message.
As long as this is not outlawed in your lease, you should be fine. Just make sure you tell your friend to be extra careful as you don't want to antagonize the situation more than it is. As for "by the book" ways to make his life hell, just ignore him. He seems like he lives for the drama and attention and if you just pretend he is not there and there is no problem, it will drive him crazy.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:16 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Leave him a box of tampons on his desk, he'll get the point.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:43 AM
95SiR
hood rich

just kick his ass and then jack all his cash.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:45 AM
AcuraFanatic

Dude, how many people come in here and be like "my roomate made a name under my IP address." Seriously, so fucking lame.

Log out you retards.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:48 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

:werd:. BS
Old 05-18-2006, 10:00 AM
S14

Originally Posted by Dweezel
for "by the book" ways to make his life hell, just ignore him. He seems like he lives for the drama and attention and if you just pretend he is not there and there is no problem, it will drive him crazy.
true, true. He's an idiot and by not talking to him and ignoring him, he will go crazy.

His pompass attitude and his extreme insecurity are pulling at both ends which makes him a very unstable person and very defensive. Its disgusting to see and hear someone talk so much trash about other people, just to make themselves feel better.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
skabone69

and thats why I'd rather live in a small dinky studio by myself. no drama>>>>>>>>>>>drama
Old 05-18-2006, 10:16 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by skabone69
and thats why I'd rather live in a small dinky studio by myself. no drama>>>>>>>>>>>drama
Depends. If you know the person well enough, then sure. I wouldn't move into an apartment with somebody who I knew wasn't financially responsible.