Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

A little purchase

Old 05-11-2006, 04:30 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little purchase

1997 4 door green GS-R for my sister. :rick: I talked my mom into buying a 5 speed. h:

Went to pick up my mom's 4runner at the Toyota dealer and as I'm driving out I see an Integra parked with the used cars, and I spyed a little silver badge below the right rear tailight. So I was like . So me and my dad go back later to test drive it and we end up buying it for $8700, after they were asking $10000. They just got it out for sale that morning, lucky because I figured it would've been sold in no time if i hadn't jumped on it. 80k, immaculate, looked over throughly by the dealer, owned by an older couple before. Drove really nice. They were looking at auto Camrys and Accords before and I was like :ugh:. Needless to say, someone will be borrowing it on quite a few occasions. :rick: Especially since she's not getting her license for another month and my dad will probably be using it so it'll be registered. My parents are helping her out a lot, lucky her. Also if she crashes it, guess whose buying it back and going nuts. :rick:

Pics in a week or so, still think it's funny that my parents ended up buying her a good car and not some bread and butter shitbox like they were going to. Almost too nice for my sister IMO. Hopefully she won't kill it learning to drive it. :hs:
Old 05-11-2006, 04:32 PM
pierced1

Better get ready to buy a new clutch/pressure plate/ throw out bearing/ etc......
Old 05-11-2006, 04:32 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steal it and give her your hunk of crap.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
AcuraFanatic

Make sure you let her know that VTEC is like a rocket.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by pierced1
Better get ready to buy a new clutch/pressure plate/ throw out bearing/ etc......

and new radiator. probably will also need new timing belt and water pump.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by AF
Make sure you let her know that VTEC is like a rocket.

:lmfao: I hope you're not serious.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:43 PM
pierced1

Originally Posted by yellowbastard
:lmfao: I hope you're not serious.
Tell her to take it to the strip and make some mad money yo!!! :eek5:
Old 05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
ED9man
driver

Yeah, I mentioned a clutch and timing belt to the guy and he tried to BS us into saying the timing belt didn't need to be done until 90k and the clutch was fine. We tried to get him to throw in the timing belt and waterpump but he wouldn't budge after $8700. The recommended interval for a timing belt and waterpump is 80k right? I am pretty sure it is. I'll try and make sure they do that soon. Wouldn't want our pretty new C1 to kill itself.

The radiator was really clean looking and the coolant was just flushed. Probably just wait until it looks like it's starting to rot, not a catastrophic item like the T-belt.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by RB
Steal it and give her your hunk of crap.
I still like mine better. h:

She hates my car too.

I must admit the brakes felt incredible compared to mine though.

Last edited by ED9man; 05-11-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

Originally Posted by ED9man
Yeah, I mentioned a clutch and timing belt to the guy and he tried to BS us into saying the timing belt didn't need to be done until 90k and the clutch was fine. We tried to get him to throw in the timing belt and waterpump but he wouldn't budge after $8700. The recommended interval for a timing belt and waterpump is 80k right? I am pretty sure it is. I'll try and make sure they do that soon. Wouldn't want our pretty new C1 to kill itself.

The radiator was really clean looking and the coolant was just flushed. Probably just wait until it looks like it's starting to rot, not a catastrophic item like the T-belt.
90K but sall good glad you like the new car, would recommend redoing all the fluids, etc though