Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

VIDEO: Dave Hickman (DH Racing) 11.5 sec NA STREET Car

Old 05-05-2006, 03:18 PM
92lx

Default VIDEO: Dave Hickman (DH Racing) 11.5 sec NA STREET Car

Hey everyone,

Here's a video of Dave's new full interior CRX running 11.5 at CMI. The car he's running against in the video is a K20 (video has it wrong I am informed) powered ITB hatch, but it is also very hard to see in the video except at the very end because apparently the camera person was more interested in Dave's run than the race itself. But my understanding was it was heads up. Dave tried to find me the time slip, but may have lost it amongst the dozen or so he's collected in the past month.

Anyhow, Dave's been out for almost 6 years now thanks to a shop accident that left his right arm disabled (while porting a head apparently). It's great to see him back out racing and for running stage 1 cams at the moment, and with a very limited tuning ability (he's working on getting a hondata installed, for now it's a very poorly tuned zdyn unit)....AND A FULLY STOCK CRX BODY INCLUDING INTERIOR (though on this run I think he was running without door panels only as all his competition that day was gutted).... he's doing great.

I expect after he tunes it a little better on bigger cams that he'll run 10.90s this Friday (a record for Comp 4!) at Las Vegas Speedway's Midnight Mayhem.

I don't know the specs on the car but basically it's a DH Racing Built H22 with Hytech header, H23 block (not 2.3L, but disp is secret), H22 head, dual DHR throttle bodies on custom manifold, DH Racing head work, etc. Otherwise, it's a stock CRX that has been lowered and has 240lb Dave driving it.

Keep a close eye on Dave, as the "has been" is back and will be in several NDRA/IDRC Comp 4 races this summer.....can't wait till he gets the Hondata S300 in there so he can actually tune the beast.

Right Click Here (Save As) for the Video

OH, and ps: Stage 1 cams in it, and fairly untuned.

Video isn't the greatest, better footage is supposed to be handed off to me after Friday's race...

Dave's on myspace now too btw if you're into that kind of thing and want to keep up with his progress this year: http://www.myspace.com/dhracing

Nathan

PS: I believe the current weight is -around- 2200lbs with Dave in the car. It's a true legitimate street car (only thing is that it's open header <G>). Runs on pump gas too, though I think he was running 100 octane at the event. Even if that estimate is off (HF hatch stock weight + 240lb + H22 added weight)...lets say, 2100lbs - still a great time.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:29 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woohjoo, a CRX