Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Damn that was a longass day at the office

Old 05-04-2006, 06:01 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn that was a longass day at the office

Got to my office bright and early at 7 am as usual, hopped on the bridge with our Boston and Ft Lauderdale offices for a conference call for a while, and set about my day. Most of my morning was spent dealing with these two consultants I have submitted to a particular job, where the client has hired two people so far and is looking to hire more but apparently like some VP has to fly in and approve more hires, and it's turning into a big fustercluck. Once I got done with them the rest of the morning was another conference call, and checking in with some more consultants seeing what their current availability was.

Went to lunch and hit up the afternoon. Spent it mostly doing initial interviews with folks who posted their resumes online, and trying to get a hold of a couple guys who I had talked to briefly but hadn't gotten all the info I needed from em to have em pre-qualified for jobs when they open up but had no luck. This other consultant called me out of the blue after I had left a bunch of messages for him like last week, turns out he was on a job and I had a cell phone number for him that he didn't take with him. He had to go pick up his kid or something and asked for a call back at 3:30 his time (in Cali) so I planned to take his resume home with me and finish up. Did some more random stuff, got to be about 4:45 and I called one last guy I'd been trying to get a hold of, and lucky me he just so happened to have time to talk, so by the time I got finished getting all the info I needed it was like 5:30.

Then the fun begins. I figured I was still at the office anyway, so might as well get a hold of some people who had asked for after hours calls. Got one guy who was on the east coast and STILL at work, but set up a time for next week. Got another guy who's working in Phoenix which is 2 hours behind, and he asked for a call back in an hour. Figured what the hell, it's a late night already. Talked to this lady who has a really hard-to-find skill set who's workin in Chicago right now but since she took this job has been only able to talk for like 5 minutes at a time. By the time I finally got out of the office it was 6:30, 11 and a half hours after I got there this morning.

I still had that one more guy to call and because of the time difference I really wanted to get it taken care of since he's like watching over T-Mobile's network operations center in Phoenix right now and can't talk for too long while he's at work. I brought his resume with me. I was super burnt out so I stopped at this nice italian joint that just so happens to be on my way home, ordered a couple drinks and food, and when it came time to call the dude back I busted out the cell phone. I proceeded to talk with the guy for friggin 45 minutes, and the waittress was real nice and I hated to be the douchebag sitting there yakking on his cell phone like he's important, but I had shit to take care of and that was the only time I had to do it. Finally finished up with the guy, paid my check and left a 40% tip for the waitress being a good sport, and FINALLY got home at 8:30.

Now it's 9:00 and I'm going to bed not too long from now, all so I can be back at my desk at 7 tomorrow morning. At least it's casual friday. h: