Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I believe college students would be happier if...

Old 05-01-2006, 07:57 PM
S14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I believe college students would be happier if...

they lived like college students. Meaning, give up the need for a new car which requires a full time job to make the payments. Work less hours and focus more on school. Make enough money to pay rent, food and some $$$ to save. Forget the luxury's, surpress your need to 'impress', be happy with you who are and confident in what you know.

I find a lot of college students my age are never really that happy because they are simply trying to do too much. Full time student trying to work full time, just to pay a car payment and ridiculous rent, etc. All that will come at a later time and will be more enjoyable and rewarding when you put in the hard work and sacrafice.

This only really pertains to those individuals that are in this particular situation. Not those who are given things from their parents or who are independtly wealthy. Not that those are bad, but they are irrelevant to this situation.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont work full time, didn't pay for my car, and dont pay for rent.... and im not happy h: :uhhok:
Old 05-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

some people need jobs to pay for school, to try to avoid loans, or to an extent.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 PM
stephan
:exnbp:

Stop being em0!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:30 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

I think you make an excellent point that applies well beyond "college students"

I know too many people in all walks of life that are pretty easily distracted by some hyped up trendy crap, and make terrible decisions daily because of it...
Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Living beyond your own means is the American way.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

I work full time and I'm a full time student... I don't stress though h:

Then again, I make more than most kids my age and still live with my parents :hs: hence me not stressing... cuz I always have in mind that someone has it harder than I do h: Stressing is for Emos anyways h:
Old 05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
End of Eternity
lurker extraordinaire

regents scolarship @ a public university FTW
Old 05-01-2006, 09:25 PM
dubcac
I

I agree. I wouldn't have been able to work enough hours during school to pay for rent/utilities/food/gas. I took out loans, concentrated on school, and had tons of fun. Best 3 years of my life going to school in SD.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

I work nearly full time and go to school full time. I don't live with my parents so everything I have I've paid for. Well, me with a little help from my Aunt Sallie Mae. Anyway, I know what you mean about everything. I'm pretty stressed just trying to pay bills and whatnot, let alone trying to do well in my classes. I don't have a new car but I still have plenty of bills...I wouldn't mind getting a new one but now just isn't the right time. It wouldn't be a way of impressing other people but instead just a way of having a reliable ride. Haven't had too much luck with that.