Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Dana Reeve Dies of Lung Cancer

Old 03-08-2006, 08:24 AM
canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something like 20% of woman with lung cancer are non-smokers...

That sucks.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:14 AM
fstop128

there are many forms of lung cancer. i heard her say i think in an interview with diane sawyer? shown yesterday morn. not sure of the date of the actual interview but she said 'she lived in the country so she doesnt know how she got lung cancer'. radon lives in the soil that maybe a source. there are so many forms of lung cancer. smoking causes the most common types. the thing that all the lung cancers have in common is that if u dont remove the entire tumor through surgery you will not live. she was having radiation to shrink it probably so that she could have surgery. not sure what stage she was in. there are 4 stages to type the extent of cancer spread. the sad thing here for both Dana and Chris is that had stem cell research been legal they both might still be here today. the funding for spinal cord injury had just been cancelled from the govt also. they kept the research alive. they were both courageous.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

Its sad how in this day and age we still can't find a cure for cancer. Atleast stop it perminently. My mom had cancer and so did many of my relatives. Chances of me getting it are pretty high. I just hope by that time, we will be better of then we are now.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 AM
tony
XBL: HotMilkGT // HAN H14

i could be just cancer that was developed in her lung i guess
RIP
from what I learned, cancer is basically our own cell mutation.