Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I guess the city hires retards.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Black2KGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess the city hires retards.

So, the city decides it's gonna construct a sidewalk along the street that my family's restaurant is on...they're been planning for a while, and the past couple of weeks they've been out there digging around.
Well, today they pour the concrete, and they didn't leave an entrance for our restaurant. I went out and talked to the supervisor (a company subcontracted by the city), and he showed me the plans...yeah, the idiot project manager that works for the city didn't put an entrance to our lot in the plans. The supervisor called the city's head inspector, and asked if he could just go ahead and put an entrance, and she said for him to go according to the plans, 'cause now they have to have a "meeting", and decide what to do, then draw up new plans, then come out and tear up the concrete and redo it with an entrance. And yeah, that's gonna end up costing the city more money 'cause they have to pay to have the sidewalk torn up, then redone again.
stupid bureaucratic BS.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:14 PM
AcuraFanatic

Yay for government logic!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by Black2KGSR
So, the city decides it's gonna construct a sidewalk along the street that my family's restaurant is on...they're been planning for a while, and the past couple of weeks they've been out there digging around.
Well, today they pour the concrete, and they didn't leave an entrance for our restaurant. I went out and talked to the supervisor (a company subcontracted by the city), and he showed me the plans...yeah, the idiot project manager that works for the city didn't put an entrance to our lot in the plans. The supervisor called the city's head inspector, and asked if he could just go ahead and put an entrance, and she said for him to go according to the plans, 'cause now they have to have a "meeting", and decide what to do, then draw up new plans, then come out and tear up the concrete and redo it with an entrance. And yeah, that's gonna end up costing the city more money 'cause they have to pay to have the sidewalk torn up, then redone again.
stupid bureaucratic BS.
That is exceptionally pathetic.
And in the mean-time -- while they sort this mess out -- I guess you're stuck using railroad ties and plywood to build a curbside ramp... :a:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
That is exceptionally pathetic.
And in the mean-time -- while they sort this mess out -- I guess you're stuck using railroad ties and plywood to build a curbside ramp... :a:
Actually, it gets better. There's a completely empty lot right next door, and they put entrances for that one. yeah...they put entrances to an empty lot, but not to a lot with a business actually on it.
Our customers use it all the time, anyway.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:25 PM
b00gers

stupid bureaucratic BS.
Yep. Why cant we go back into the caveman days :run:
Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by b00gers
Yep. Why cant we go back into the caveman days :run:
I was thinking more like the Wild West days.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Actually, it gets better. There's a completely empty lot right next door, and they put entrances for that one. yeah...they put entrances to an empty lot, but not to a lot with a business actually on it.
Our customers use it all the time, anyway.
Is the other parking lot adjacent to yours?
You could always "borrow" the lot they built the entrances for. :chuckles:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Is the other parking lot adjacent to yours?
You could always "borrow" the lot they built the entrances for. :chuckles:
yeah, it's right there. we always use it, it belongs to the power company and they don't give a crap.