Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Lets vent.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets vent.

I am have been having a hell of a couple days at work. My job is pretty laid back in terms of stress except when projects are due. So being in the middle of the year, I should be just chilling. So yesturday the drama begins. Long story, so hold on tight :run:

There is this kid named M. He is one of those kids who is in trouble academically. He does bad in school, and rarely attends our after school program. When he is here, he is making trouble. So he didnt attend yesturday, he played hookie with a couple other kids. So his dad comes to school to pick them up. He asks me "Is M here today?" I walkie talkie his coach and he said no. The dad just kinda shook his head in disappointment. I just went on with whatever I was doing.

So now, the program is let out and I am watching the kids get picked up outside the school. I see M walking up and his dad behind him. When they got to where I was standing, his dad yelled something in Spanish. M just kinda halfway turned around and mumbled something. This seems to have pissed the father off. The father caught up with M and hit him in the jaw. I was like OH SHIT. I went up to where they were, which was almost in the middle of the street. After M got hit, he turned around and said something in Spanish. The dad then slapped him in the ear. M then said, something back. By this time I was between the two. I called out my supervisors name who was about 30 ft away from me. As I did that the father took off his belt.

I was like fuck...should I move? I dont wanna get hit h: I held the father and kinda pushed him back. By this time, my supervisor was holding the kid back. This was all while the kid and the father was still yelling at each other. I looked up, and saw a cop pull up the street...uh oh h: So the cop just kinda sits in the middle of the street in his car watching. He looked at me and said..."hey whats going on." I ignored him and pushed the father towards the school. Then one of the coaches took the kid inside. My supervisor went and talked to the officer who was still sitting inside of his car. (I later found out from my supervisor...she asked the cop to come out to say something to the father and kid...the cop just kinda goes "uhh I have another call waiting for me. I will see if I can come back."...whatever...no big surprise). So one of the coaches took him inside and calmed him down. After a couple hours, we finally got the kid to actually go home. When he my coworker took him home, the father wasnt home.

Now usually I am not too much for hitting a kid like that...but one...I felt for the father. It is fucking frustrating having a kid like M. I mean I get heated having to deal with him when he is IN the program. But I have the luxury of going home without having to deal with him. But I dont think it was right for the father to react like the way he did while still in public...in front of a group of kids. So yea. Thats that.

So as I was walking to my car I saw a cop car haul ass up the hill that lead to the school. He hit the dead end and busted a 180 burning tires. I got in my car and followed h: He ended up pulling over a hooker and a customer :run:

Ok now today. Ok, let me tell you what I do at work. I coordinate an afterschool program. I have a partner that does the same with me and a supervisor who is the big boss of the program. Then I have the coaches. We are trained to provide academic help, but having to deal with the youth in a non-academic way is part of the job. So we prepare ourselves to talk to them about shit they might encounter in school...peer pressure, bf and gf, yadda yadda. In some cases, we hear stories about their families. But in specific, my role is to do the paper work involved, train the coaches, and keep the site safe.

Well today, we had a little incident that ended up with a student in the office crying her eyes out. I went in to see what was wrong, and she just spilled me a whole life story. And it included..."my dad is always drunk or on drugs...he gets mad and always takes it out on my baby sister...he makes my mom feel like she is worthless...he always yell at me and my sisters. I want to run away...I dont know what to do...I am just sick of it." I literally had a face inside. I really didnt know what to say. After she finished talking, she looked at me waiting for a response. I couldnt say anything. Luckily my spervisor then comes in...she is trained and have counseled before. I walked out the room going...wtf. I really didnt know what to do.

Ok I am done. I just wanted to type it out. h:

Shit...I didnt realize I wrote that much h:
Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.... :speechless:
Old 02-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Brar
|:]

wow sounds like u guys do some great stuff

but yea that dad should have waited till he got home... some families r just fucked up like that.

my sister is lazy, has no sense of urgency and thinks getting rides is a privilege. god damnit bitch NO! i cant wait till im in college and she has to take the bus like i did... mayb even walk the 3 miles like i had to her lazy ass will prob just mooch off of people ok im done

Last edited by Brar; 02-10-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
AcuraFanatic

I uh, left my favorite pen at home the other day.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:05 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by AF
I uh, left my favorite pen at home the other day.
How horrible....wanna talk about it, Champ?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by b00gers
How horrible....wanna talk about it, Champ?
I was forced to use a Bic ballpoint. :wtc: At first I thought nothing of it, but halfway through writing a paper, I realized it just wasn't the same. :sad:
Old 02-10-2006, 07:08 PM
97civicEXVTEC

Yea I'm pretty bored. :dunno:
Old 02-10-2006, 07:08 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by [Damnit]
wow sounds like u guys do some great stuff

but yea that dad should have waited till he got home... some families r just fucked up like that.
Its needed, but its nothing special. And yea, I really feel for some of the kids when they tell me about their home life.

So I pass out snacks sometimes. It is provided from the district. So I give them out and whatever is left, I return. This is backed by paper work. So we are suppose to give a single juice carton and snack per kid. Sometimes I get lazy and dont return the snack cart right away. So its left in the office. Sometimes kids would go in there and take some extra ones. So one kid asked if he can have some. I said sure...he turned around and started taking them and stuffing them into his backpack. I was like wtf...why are you taking so many? He looked really embaressed and told me he get hungry at home. I just turned around and went about my work. I mean what can you really say about that stuff?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by AF
I was forced to use a Bic ballpoint. :wtc: At first I thought nothing of it, but halfway through writing a paper, I realized it just wasn't the same. :sad:
It ok man. We all have these bad days sometimes. You take what you have, and make the best out of it.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by b00gers
It ok man. We all have these bad days sometimes. You take what you have, and make the best out of it.
Yeah. Well at first I was like :huh:, but then I was like :lmao: