Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I think I might go to the Chicago Auto Show

Old 02-06-2006, 10:01 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I might go to the Chicago Auto Show

For reasons that are too complex to bother explaining, I have a 4-day weekend starting this Thursday. My grandma lives in Chicago in Hyde Park which is pretty darned close to McCormick Place which is where the auto show is at, and I have some other assorted relatives scattered throughout the suburbs.

I was thinking about going anyway, mainly as an excuse to take my new-to-me rangefinder camera and some fast film into some bars that aren't my usual bars (what with being in a different city and all) because as a regular at certain places around here I wouldn't want to look like a geek with a camera.

Yesterday my aunt IM'ed me asking if I was going to the Chicago Auto Show. I looked up when it was, and hey wouldn't ya know, it starts this Friday. So I might just spend some time there. It ain't Detroit but it's at least one of the three semi-major auto shows here in the USA along with NY and LA.

There's going to be a lot of brand new models there: Audi Q7 & S8, Bentley Continental GTC convertible, the new GM fullsize SUVs, Dodge Caliber & Nitro, Ferrari FXX, Ford Edge & GT500, Honda Fit, Jaguar XK convertible, Jeep Compass & Wrangler, Lexus GS450h hybrid & LS460, Lincoln MKX, Mazda CX-7, Mercedes GL-class, Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Versa, Pontiac Solstice GXP, Porsche Cayman, Saturn Aura, Toyota Camry, FJ Cruiser, Tundra & Yaris, Volkswagen EOS, Golf, GTI & Passat wagon, and Volvo C70.

I may just go and take pictures of all of them sumbitches. h:
Old 02-06-2006, 10:02 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

The car show is here this week and im still contemplating going.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:13 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I dunno man, aside from Detroit, Chicago, NY and LA the rest of the auto shows are kinda lame.

On a side note if there's any photo geeks looking in here, I was freakin out there for a second because I didn't know what kind of lighting there is in McCormick Place and I might have brought daylight-balanced film and got stuck with freakin tungsten lighting. But thanks to the wonderful world of photo.net I have confirmed that the prevailing lighting is daylight balanced. Woohoo!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:25 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Yea, i use to go when i was a little kid cus it was like wow man look at that car. Now as ive gotten older im like ehh...it's a car i will never own...so why tease me ....why pay when i can possibly see it while driving down the street
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i went to the syracuse auto expo this past weekend. nothin great, took my friend and i 45 minutes to walk through it. coolest part were the door handles on the new vette
Old 02-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

I would go to that in a heart beat mainly because I've never been to a corporate sponsored show. The only ones I've ever been to are either a lot full of 60's Mustangs or a lot full of 4 cylinders with the latest APC parts.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:12 PM
goon54

im taking my fiancee there for a valentines date =)
Old 02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
AcuraFanatic

I just stick to HIN now and track days at the local drag strip.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be at the Chicago Auto Show...but not until the 18th. h:
Old 02-06-2006, 02:35 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

my sister goes every year with her bf... shes not much on cars but always enjoys.... id like to go but im too cheap to take a vacation so i go to the wimpy syracuse expo every year.... close enough for me i guess...