Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Marine Corps

Old 01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marine Corps

I know there have been a lot of these threads lately but I am thinking about joining up. I was looking for input from those who have served though. What are the pro's and con's you experienced? Anywhere where i can get any info on them without sending my info to the recruiters?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:25 PM
canada

Go to college before hand... then join as an Officer.

Otherwise you run a good chance of taking it up the ass for 4 years.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:33 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

Originally Posted by canada

this is what i am planning to do :usa:
Old 01-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

I am currently in college... about to graduate right before christmas of 06' with an AA in criminal justice. I'm kinda lost with my life right now and just am not sure what i should do.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:47 PM
91LudeSi
Gsxrmarine

hey, have not been on for a long time. but I am a Lance Corporal (e-3). I have been a marine for two years now. It has been an experience, but it isnt for everyone. Marines are not hard because they can kill you in like a million way. we are hard because of the life we live. life is hard for a marine. I am 21 and after 2 years my body feel as if I am 40. All my friends and myself cant wait to get out. but who know you might love it... good luck though.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 PM
canada

Originally Posted by Matt86
I am currently in college... about to graduate right before christmas of 06' with an AA in criminal justice. I'm kinda lost with my life right now and just am not sure what i should do.

Seriously... all you'll get with an AA in the services is a promotion to E-2 right away... which EVERYONE gets guarenteed after 9 months from shipping to boot camp.

Finish college... that all I can say :chuckles:
Old 01-31-2006, 07:59 PM
91LudeSi
Gsxrmarine

Seriously... all you'll get with an AA in the services is a promotion to E-2 right away... which EVERYONE gets guarenteed after 9 months from shipping to boot camp.

Finish college... that all I can say :chuckles:
for real, finish college then if you still want to go in go to MESEP become an officer. one you will may a butt load more money and life will be a heck of alot better then the enlisted side. plus if you go in now you got 3 months of boot camp, a month of Marine Combat Training, Then a month to a year of MOS school. then you get to the fleet. you have no freedom till you get to the fleet. cant take leave, if your married you cant live with your wife till then. basicly you are in training for the first year. plus you are really got to love Iraq...
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Originally Posted by 91LudeSi
for real, finish college then if you still want to go in go to MESEP become an officer. one you will may a butt load more money and life will be a heck of alot better then the enlisted side. plus if you go in now you got 3 months of boot camp, a month of Marine Combat Training, Then a month to a year of MOS school. then you get to the fleet. you have no freedom till you get to the fleet. cant take leave, if your married you cant live with your wife till then. basicly you are in training for the first year. plus you are really got to love Iraq...
yep!!! my dad and older brother were marines ret.. my brother did 24 years, went in when he was 15 and a 1/2 "lied about his age" my dad was a Vietnam vet he got kick out at year 15 for knocking out his commanding officer "he said he deserved it"
but both are very very proud of there time in the marines...USMC SEMPER FI now go serve are country solider......
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM
canada

Originally Posted by hitman619
yep!!! my dad and older brother were marines ret.. my brother did 24 years, went in when he was 15 and a 1/2 "lied about his age" my dad was a Vietnam vet he got kick out at year 15 for knocking out his commanding officer "he said he deserved it"
but both are very very proud of there time in the marines...USMC SEMPER FI now go serve are country solider......

Soldier eh?

I can tell you werent a Marine...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:13 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Soldier eh?

I can tell you werent a Marine...
yep your right, but i sure had to listen to that all my life... and the only reason i did't join is because i got a full ride scholarship to play football......