Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Recent flooding in NorCal

Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
black19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent flooding in NorCal

Anyone else suffer through the flooding in Norcal? I sure did, my car has suffered some flood damage. Hopefully not too much. I know I found my car and there was 3-4 inches of standing water inside my car. Im pretty sure water didnt get up into the dash so my fingers are crossed. Anyone else have similar experiences? I havent heard back from my insurance company regarding my claim yet so here's to hoping she survives
Old 01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

i have the usual trunk leak so yea...top of trunk lid has a bunch of condensation and the carpet is wet.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:07 PM
ezshift5

Originally Posted by black19
Anyone else suffer through the flooding in Norcal? I havent heard back from my insurance company regarding my claim yet so here's to hoping she survives

...I live 1500 yards from the normally placid Sacramento River which has a Monitor Stage(25') and a Flood Stage(31').........

These recents storms got the water up to 27.6 prior to State officials mandating activation of controls (water diversion into the Sacramento-Yolo Bypass) upstream from the capital.

the 1986 and 1997 storms were more severe in terms of both rainfall and the river level here.

Now aren't you glad you broached the topic?

Best of luck with your Honda.

ez
Old 01-07-2006, 07:31 PM
VPUPPY

Judging by the age of your car, if its the 95 accord, I would assume they will total it rather than try and fix it. Even on newer cars that suffer flood damage they usually total these out.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:39 PM
lil_1_2002

nop. but i know some people who lost everything. in ross marin county. and a few friends who lost their jobs in san anselmo. when the shopping area was destroyed by mudd.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:42 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

here in sac some areas got messed up pretty bad...best of luck with that...i would definetly dry your ecu though and talk to insurance asap
Old 01-07-2006, 09:51 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by black19
Anyone else suffer through the flooding in Norcal? I sure did, my car has suffered some flood damage. Hopefully not too much. I know I found my car and there was 3-4 inches of standing water inside my car. Im pretty sure water didnt get up into the dash so my fingers are crossed. Anyone else have similar experiences? I havent heard back from my insurance company regarding my claim yet so here's to hoping she survives
With that much water, the odds are that they will total the car out.
That amount of water is enough to cause serious electrical problems.. :hs:
My sympathies...

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
black19

My girlfriend had her 94 civic totalled in the flood. Sucks for her, on the bright side, she brought home an 05 Accord 6-Sp. It's nice. I think I'll be looking to upgrade now as well when I done.