Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

So I am going to school for drafting...

Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I am going to school for drafting...

I'm going to ITT Tech and its my 2nd quarter...I havent even gotten to drafting classes due to someone messing up my schedule but i got offered a job at this drafting firm.I have my second interview tomorrow...If/WHEN i get it they're going to train me on everything, pay me 13.50 an hour, plus possibility of them paying for my tuition h: Had to share and wish me luck:run: :hsd: :nervous: :noes:
Old 01-03-2006, 10:06 PM
AcuraFanatic

Good luck man. Sounds awesome.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:12 PM
b00gers

Have fun. h:

I was a draftsman with my cousin's civil engineering firm...ugh...boring h:
Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

hand drafting or CAD drafting? They are two TOTALLY different things. And if it is CAD, you better know hand before CAD. trust me.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:56 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Draconius
hand drafting or CAD drafting? They are two TOTALLY different things. And if it is CAD, you better know hand before CAD. trust me.

AutoCAD.... not gonna lie... i know some basic skills on CAD but never had hand experience ever...h: that didnt sound right but u get the idea
Old 01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

I took a semester of hand drafting from one of the roughest drafting people on the planet and when CAD first came out she had lots of friends that dropped teaching hand and went straight to CAD teaching (she stayed with hand)...a year later they came back to her and was like...you were right...these kids don't understand the basics, we are teaching hand before CAD

I would suggest going to a local CC and taking a semester of hand. It will better familiarize yourself with how everything works rather than a computer doing everything for you. I self taught myself the BASICS of CAD and coming from a hand drafting background it made it a shit ton easier. I opened CAD before taking the class....yeah fuck that...that was nuts.

But best of luck to ya :thumbsup:
Old 01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Im suppose to be taking a class on hand drafting next quarter so yea... i think they are just considering hiring me cuz of my past experience in autocad
Old 01-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

awesome, and good to hear. drafting friggin rocks. :rockon:
Old 01-04-2006, 07:11 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the manual drafting classes if you are able, it will be worth it. I never did take a manual drafting class so I don't really know the basic drafting conventions. Even though I don't do my own drafting, I wish I have some basic drafting skills, then maybe the drafters wouldn't complain about my sketches and markups so much. h: