Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Im tired at work V. 4 month old son up sick all night

Old 12-13-2005, 04:38 AM
pierced1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im tired at work V. 4 month old son up sick all night

Im at work some hows. My 4 month old is sick with a cold and would not sleep last night, so i was up all night with him. We took him to a doctor yesterday and they told me he was to young for them to give him anything for his bad cold. I got a question WTF are pediatricians good for if they cant give your sick kid anything when they are sick......... BTFOM!
Old 12-13-2005, 04:41 AM
Hambone

There's really nothing you can do for a cold except let it run its course. Give the kid a little bit of infant Tylenol.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:45 AM
pierced1

yea i been feeding it to him for about a week now, they say not to give it to them for very long though. Me and my wife also have the cold, we just keep passing it around. I always try tylenol or something to that affect before i break down and take him to the dr. I :dunno:
Old 12-13-2005, 06:22 AM
fstop128

im sorry your child is sick...nothing is more stressful for child and parents.. viruses u cant give antibiotics for, they only work on bacteria.. do keep your child hydrated. pedialyte if the dr says he can have it..

tylenol and other drugs containing acetaminophen should be used very sparingly.. too much of it will cause liver failure fairly rapidly in children and adults..people push that drug for everything teething, illnesses. dont over use it. the infant tylenol drops have a dropper. the dosages r concentrated because the child usually drools some of it out..its not a drug to give like candy..not all pain relievers for children r by tylenol.. check the ingredients for the acetaminophen ingredient before u give it.. never give aspririn to children either, it can cause reyes syndrome..

mostly for infants care is limited to fluids and rest..they dehydrate very quickly..teething can mimic a cold.. similar symptoms.. drool, fever, irritable, poo gets runny.. teething can start months before the teeth erupt..if he is congested try a 'cool' mist humdifier not warm mist vaporizor. clean the unit 1x a week.. the warm mist creates bacteria rapidly.. u can try to run the shower and let some of the steam free up his sinuses..i hope he gets better real soon..
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 AM
pierced1

thanks for the info, the tylenol is pretty much what everyone told me to try with the cold hes got. The dr. told me he couldnt do much inless he was having trouble breathing, with he looses his breath now when hes gaging from coughing so much. As far as teething goes, i got infant gum numbing stuff (sorry cant remember the name right now) that i use sometimes when i know its bothering him. i havnt given him pedialyte because the dr. didnt say anything about it, just been giving him juice in between bottles. Im just tying to keep my 4 yr old from catching it right now. but thanks for the info!