Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Wisdom Teeth Experiences

Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 PM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
All four of mine were horizontally impacted. The x-ray looked somewhat like this:

Dear god

Me: Top jaw - not there, didn't sprout for some reason. Doctor called me a freak Bottom - Still there, no problems :thumbup:
Old 12-10-2005, 03:05 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

i had all four of mine taken at once...they put me out for it. novacaine is great by the way. i actually woke up and my mom took me back to school where i lasted about an hour before she had to come get me. i was so incoherent that they thought i was on drugs...i honestly dont remember anything from the moment i went under the drugs to the time i woke up the next morning. no pain whatsoever.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:10 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

im gonna go to the dentist like first week of summer and get shit taken care of.. then just pass out for a week until i heal.. i dont even want to know what is going to have to be done.

all of my wisdom have been in for a while and i havent done anything about them.. they arent bothering me at all :dunno:
Old 12-10-2005, 03:32 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

I had 2 out one time and the other 2 out at different times. Each time they just did a "local" and yanked them. The last one was the most painful since they had to do more cutting. I took hydrocodone sp? for a couple days, and babied it for a week, then everything was ok.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KRA
im gonna go to the dentist like first week of summer and get shit taken care of.. then just pass out for a week until i heal.. i dont even want to know what is going to have to be done.

all of my wisdom have been in for a while and i havent done anything about them.. they arent bothering me at all :dunno:
not everyone needs them removed... its only when they are impacted, or going to create a problem in your jaw with the rest of your teeth.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

yeah...I got gased then IVed then Novocaine...woke up when they were done...took Vic's (they hated me so I stopped taking them), switched to tylenol and went to work the next day without any pain or swelling...the nasty part is when you have the blood soaked gauze in your mouth....NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:01 PM
AcuraFanatic

Wisdom teeth removal is the most overhyped thing ever. It's no big deal.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
All four of mine were horizontally impacted. The x-ray looked somewhat like this:

I got put the hell to sleep for em. The pain was pretty bad for maybe that first day I had em out, and persisted for the next few days but was liveable.

The most annoying part was that the sockets take a long time to fill in. So long afterthe pain is gone, you still have these freakin holes in the back of your mouth and food and gunk gets all caught up in em. The dentist gave me a like, water-shooty syringe looking thing that I had to fill up with warm salt water to shoot gunk out of the sockets. I had to do that for months afterwards, but eventually the sockets filled in and I didn't need the water shooty thing any more.
Same thing here. I learned that Vicodin is really awesome.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:46 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i got 4 wisdoms taken out a couple years ago. really bad experience
Old 12-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think my bottom ones are doing that horizontal dance :happysad:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD