Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

hey NOPD..or anyone else with medication knowledge

Old 11-30-2005, 09:30 AM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey NOPD..or anyone else with medication knowledge

ok so i have social anxiety disorder and i am bipolar type I im taking paxil CR 12.5mg right now but i have run out and i had made a doctors appointment for tommorow but they just called back and said the doctor wont be back until monday....i have some lorazepams and i was wondering if i could take those to hold me off until my doctor gets back? im not sure how the 2 medications will react with each other

and another thing i know its different for each person but what is the best medication for SAD? im on 12.5mg of paxil but its not really making a difference ive been on it for about a month maybe he needs to up the dosage? b/c 12.5mg is pretty low starting off with that stuff i guess he wanted to see how my body was going to react to it...idk

thanks guys
Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by FLAT_LINER
ok so i have social anxiety disorder and i am bipolar type I im taking paxil CR 12.5mg right now but i have run out and i had made a doctors appointment for tommorow but they just called back and said the doctor wont be back until monday....i have some lorazepams and i was wondering if i could take those to hold me off until my doctor gets back? im not sure how the 2 medications will react with each other

and another thing i know its different for each person but what is the best medication for SAD? im on 12.5mg of paxil but its not really making a difference ive been on it for about a month maybe he needs to up the dosage? b/c 12.5mg is pretty low starting off with that stuff i guess he wanted to see how my body was going to react to it...idk

thanks guys
phamacist?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
dubcac
I

I doubt it's the best idea to switch medications abruptly...
Old 11-30-2005, 10:09 AM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

call your doctor and ask..
Old 11-30-2005, 12:19 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Call your doctors office and tell them you need a refill. You don't need to go back in usually, just call and request one. Give them the info for your Pharmacy.

duck squad member #00003
Old 11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
fstop128

the pharmacist is an excellent reference for any drug u take.. they know more about the way drug classes work, how to combined them with other meds, crossover, the whole gambit.. doctors r not always up on the current information..the drug reps that visit the offices influence alot of the choices doctors make..
Old 11-30-2005, 01:19 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

I'm sure there is a doctor you can see in the mean time and get your perscription until you are able to discuss this with your regular doctor.

And if you haven't already, I think it is a great idea to see a counselor about depression. Insurance companies don't like this, but it will help you imensely.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
I'm sure there is a doctor you can see in the mean time and get your perscription until you are able to discuss this with your regular doctor.

And if you haven't already, I think it is a great idea to see a counselor about depression. Insurance companies don't like this, but it will help you imensely.
yeah its not so much that im depressed...i mean thats a big part of it but its more of my mood swings...one minute im as happy as can be...the next im almost killing myself...yeah i know i sound crazy but its something i cant help....im just glad im actually getting help b/c ive delt with it since about 7th grade and im lucky to still be alive b/c ive had some close calls and here i am almost 19....and then on top of that i have SAD which...does nothing but make things worse......cant help it but atleast im getting help....:happysad:

thanks alot guys for the help..
Old 11-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

thanks guys

Is the ativan prescribed to you, or what? I ask b/c you wrote u werent sure how they would react together, so that makes me wonder that you just started taking the ativan or u don't have a presciption. The ativan is a benzodiazepam, which is great if you are stressed out, or need to relax. Just be careful because the ativan might make u drowsy. As fas as other meds for the SAD, the other most widely prescribed anti-depressant for that is Zoloft. Also, your doctor is always going to start you off with a lower dose when he first prescribes a med to see how your body will react to it. Just remember, anti-depressants will take at least a good 4-6 weeks to fully get into your system and start working to their fullest potential. So don't worry, the ativan (lorazepam) will interact just fine with the Paxil, unless you are allergic to it. Like I said, just becareful w/ the ativan if u have to drive, or things like that, b/c it most likely will make u sleepy...I hope things turned out ok for u!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:05 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

yeah its not so much that im depressed...i mean thats a big part of it but its more of my mood swings...one minute im as happy as can be...the next im almost killing myself...yeah i know i sound crazy but its something i cant help....im just glad im actually getting help b/c ive delt with it since about 7th grade and im lucky to still be alive b/c ive had some close calls and here i am almost 19....and then on top of that i have SAD which...does nothing but make things worse......cant help it but atleast im getting help....:happysad:

thanks alot guys for the help..
I think seeing a somebody to talk to may still help you while you adjust to your medication. I only say this because I care.