Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Man killed on Ken Hamlin's behalf?

Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 PM
HondaHoney
My other car is a PUC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man killed on Ken Hamlin's behalf?

Seahawks' Hamlin Hospitalized After Bar Brawl

October 17, 2005

By KOMO Staff & News Services

SEATTLE - The Seattle Seahawks are more concerned with Ken Hamlin's health than when - or if - he'll be able to rejoin the team.

The starting free safety was in serious but stable condition early Tuesday with a fractured skull and other head injuries following a fight outside a downtown Seattle nightclub, most of which was caught on the club's surveillance tape.

"It's pretty tough," said cornerback Marcus Trufant, whose locker is next to Hamlin's. "I'm very concerned about his health and I'm just hoping and praying that everything goes well."

Hamlin's injuries included a small blood clot and bruising of brain tissue. He was to remain in intensive care for the next day or two, team physician Stan Herring said. Herring said doctors are waking up Hamlin every hour or two to ensure he is still stable.

The fight may have also involved a homicide. 31-year-old Terrell Milam was killed near the city's Seward Park on Monday morning and family members say he was involved in the fight with Hamlin.

In an exclusive interview with KOMO 4 News, Milam's brother described what Milam was wearing that night. Then, watching the surveillance video for the first time, spotted his brother in the crowd.

Milam was not involved in the initial confrontation and was several feet away when the argument between Hamlin and the other man began.

Even so Tramaine Isabell makes a stunning allegation. He says his brother Terrell Milam is the man who knocked Hamlin to the ground.

"My brother knocks him out... one punch," said Isabell. "So then he goes walking up 1st (Ave.) and then he comes up dead."

Isabell says detectives told them of his brother's death Monday afternoon.
Coincidence?

Police spokesman Rich Pruitt confirmed on his office phone voice mail early Tuesday morning that there was a homicide in south Seattle on Monday morning. He also said that police were interested in speaking to Isabell, but added, "At this time, we have no proof there is a connection" between the death and Hamlin's assault.

According to a police report, Hamlin and his girlfriend were leaving Larry's Nightclub in the Pioneer Square section of Seattle at about 2 a.m. Monday, several hours after the Seahawks defeated the Houston Texans.

The girlfriend told officers that Hamlin placed his hand on another man's back and said, "Excuse me." The man told Hamlin to stop pushing, and the men began shoving each other.

According to the report, Hamlin then punched the man in the face; Herring said Hamlin has a fractured right hand. Another man struck Hamlin with his forearm, knocking him down, before the two men began fighting with other men nearby.

Witnesses provided the names of two men to police but there had been no arrests, Seattle police spokeswoman Debra Brown said Monday.

The club's owner, Larry Culp, said his security guards kept Hamlin separated from the two suspects outside for about 15 minutes as the bar was emptying at closing time. He said guards tried to restrain Hamlin several times and the other man started to back down, but "as the head of my security team turned his head, (Hamlin) went after him.

"He had plenty of chances to walk away from this incident," Culp said, adding Hamlin "went out of his way" to provoke a fight.

Culp released a security videotape showing Hamlin breaking free from club security guards and pursuing the suspects after the initial altercation subsided.

Hamlin was found lying in an intersection outside the club a few blocks north of Qwest Field, surrounded by a crowd of people.

Hamlin told the officers he was in a lot of pain, and when asked what happened, he said, "I don't remember."

The report said Hamlin did not appear intoxicated.

http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=39783
Old 10-22-2005, 12:10 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet he ends up in jail.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:00 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Nah, he'll just be out what he lost.

Doesn't seem like he would have had anytime to have someone killed.

duck squad member #00003
Old 10-22-2005, 07:10 AM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
Nah, he'll just be out what he lost.

Doesn't seem like he would have had anytime to have someone killed.

Hamlin didn't kill the guy, Seward Park is on the other side of the city.
There is alot more to the story then what the news has said.
A lot of info about Terrell Milam has been left out of the story. It's too early to come to any conclusions, hopefully someday the trueth will come out, but I can prety sure that hamlin was not connected to the homicide (personally).
If anything he would face charges of agrivated assult.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:22 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
Hamlin didn't kill the guy, Seward Park is on the other side of the city.
There is alot more to the story then what the news has said.
A lot of info about Terrell Milam has been left out of the story. It's too early to come to any conclusions, hopefully someday the trueth will come out, but I can prety sure that hamlin was not connected to the homicide (personally).
If anything he would face charges of agrivated assult.

if hamlin was knocked out and then the guy took off how can he of possibly killed him??
Old 10-22-2005, 08:23 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

http://www.komotv.com/stories/39825.htm

KOMO 4 News spoke exclusively to a man who saw the fight, and says the murder victim hours later was not part of the fight.