Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Bodyshop tried to puncture my rearend

Old 10-10-2005, 03:50 PM
wagon89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bodyshop tried to puncture my rearend

I took my Civic EX coupe to the body shop today to see about having the rear bumper repainted and repaired. The bumper had a small tear about 1” and half on the side near the wheel well. They told me they wanted $900.00 I asked why, and they said we need to replace the rear bumper cover and beam and cushion. I promptly left in disgust and found another body shop who said they could repair the bumper for $300 and paint with PPG.

I can still not figure out why the first body shop tried to bend me over considering I have spent $6k with them over a 6 year span on my lowly BMW E30 and paid cash. So much for earning my business again insert foul word hear.

FYI, the shop that is repairing the bumper even took it off in the parking lot so I could still drive my car. The beam and cushion were fine.:
Old 10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well, the expensive place is a good place to go to if you are going through someone else's insurance. thats what i did when this girl ... walked by my car, waved to me, got into her car and backed into my car :doh:. got like a grand for it and fixed the engine.. then sold it h: