Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I get to go to court

Old 10-06-2005, 12:58 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car was a 93 Civic with 96 GSR so i cant match vins
Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

still have keys for it? if so, problem solved. Take the car, pull the motor which he doesn't have a receipt (and hopefully you do) for and then give him back the shell.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
fstop128

did u sign the title over to him or sign it at all? if not its still your car.. he cant transfer the ownership without a signed valid title and a form confirming the correct mileage..your state's dmv should send u something that shows u dont own it anymore if he got it transferred. if u dont know or havent received anything u should still be the owner and your car ins co will be responsible for anything anyone does in that car if its up and running..u may need to contact your ins co if u havent already..
Old 10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
HatchVX

The motor came out of the wreck car and he placed it in his hatch. He owns the wreak car, but it has no motor b/c he put it in his own hatch.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:32 PM
dubcac
I

So lemme get this straight. He has the title/owns the wrecked car, which you were driving?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by HatchVX
the car that i had the motor in was one that got hit and i gave him the shell, but i kept the motor in so that he could take it to his shop, then we agreed that we will pull the motor and exhaust and i would take it to my house. I didn't do anything in writing b/c i have never had any problems with him b4 till now. Its gonna to be Civil case, b/c its a dispute b/t two people.
It sounded like you filed criminal charges in your first post. Whcih you conceivably could for theft, but it sounds like it will be difficult to prove.

Anyways, a verbal contract in most states is non-binding (and usually there is no proof of the contract either). The only thing I can think of is if fstop is correct and you just handed him the title paper, which is not enough for a transfer of ownership, it means you still own the car, in which case you have a case for trespass to chattel.

Edit: Just read your last post. Unless you have documentation showing that you bought the engine, it will be difficult to prove ownership of the engine.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:33 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Ok seriously dude you need to type out a complete sentence with something close to proper grammar because nobody here has a clue what the hell you were talking about.

You need to tell us how many total cars there are, give them some kinda names like car #1, car #2, etc, and say which motor came from what car, because each half-sentence post you make just adds more confusing shit on top of the other confusing shit.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
HatchVX

Car 1 is the one with the GSR. Car one got rear ended and got totaled. Car 2 was the car i bought from Jafro. I told him that i would give the shell of Car 1 plus some cash to paint car 2. I told him that the GSR out of car 1 is mine along with the exhaust. He agreed. He was suppose to pull the motor out of Car 1 and bring it to me, instead he put the motor and exhuast in Car 3 (his own car) He has the title of Car 1 which is totaled. The GSR came with Car 1 when i bought it, thats hows i have ownership.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HatchVX
Car 1 is the one with the GSR. Car one got rear ended and got totaled. Car 2 was the car i bought from Jafro. I told him that i would give the shell of Car 1 plus some cash to paint car 2. I told him that the GSR out of car 1 is mine along with the exhaust. He agreed. He was suppose to pull the motor out of Car 1 and bring it to me, instead he put the motor and exhuast in Car 3 (his own car) He has the title of Car 1 which is totaled. The GSR came with Car 1 when i bought it, thats hows i have ownership.
OK so now you are telling us it was Jafro that took your shell and engine??
Old 10-06-2005, 08:08 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Nightshade
OK so now you are telling us it was Jafro that took your shell and engine??

That was my first response.