Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Why is leaving a message on a cell so damn hard

Old 09-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sprint I think it's * as well.

I heard once that this a ploy by cell phone companies to use up the caller's minutes... :dunno:
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way how i see it is if people call but don't leave a message, i assume it's not important.....then they get mad that I didn't call them back. So for a while this was my greeting,

"Please leave your message and I'll get back to you. If you don't leave your message, I won't get back to you"

It worked pretty well, but I took it off because at the time I was job hunting and this was my contact number
Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate people who get cute with their voicemail greetings. one kid i know has a song playing and is making odd noises. i just hang up if i hear that crap.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IluvJae
I just press 7 for alot of them and it skips it..U can press * for verizon
:werd:

Originally Posted by AP2
The way how i see it is if people call but don't leave a message, i assume it's not important.....then they get mad that I didn't call them back. So for a while this was my greeting,

"Please leave your message and I'll get back to you. If you don't leave your message, I won't get back to you"

It worked pretty well, but I took it off because at the time I was job hunting and this was my contact number
i'm the same way. if you don't leave a message, i won't call you back. by the same token, if i call someone and it's not important, i won't leave a message and don't expect a call back. if i do leave a message and say "call me back", i expect a call back.