Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Circuit City Cityadvantage Plan

Old 08-28-2005, 09:19 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Circuit City Cityadvantage Plan

So...2 years ago next monday my CC advantage plan will be up for my subwoofers. I want new ones, possibly an upgrade.

8. Replacement Parts. In connection with the repair service for
a covered Product as provided under this Plan, the Service
Provider or its designee, at its sole discretion, may use
replacement parts which are new or rebuilt parts that perform
to the factory operational specifications of the Product.
9. No Lemon Guarantee. Notwithstanding Sections 5 and 6
above, during the term of the Contract if Your Product is
repaired twice and it fails a third time, as verified by the Service
following:
A. MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
NECESSITATED BY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM
ANY CAUSE OTHER THAN NORMAL USE AND OPERATION OF
THE PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE
MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, THEFT, EXPOSURE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS,
NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, MISUSE, ABUSE, IMPROPER
ELECTRICAL/POWER SUPPLY
, UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS,
IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR ATTACHMENTS,
TRANSPORTATION DAMAGE (EXCEPT DAMAGE INCURREDBY AUTHORIZED SHIPMENT OF THE PRODUCT TO AND
FROM AN AUTHORIZED SERVICER), DAMAGE TO
CABINETRY, LACK OF MANUFACTURER SPECIFIED
MAINTENANCE, IMPROPER EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS,
VANDALISM, ANIMAL OR INSECT INFESTATION, RUST,
DUST, CORROSION, DEFECTIVE BATTERIES, BATTERY
LEAKAGE, BURNED PHOSPHOR (INCLUDING IMAGE
GHOSTING), PIXEL BURNOUT NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS, OR ACTS OF
NATURE OR ANY OTHER PERIL ORIGINATING FROM
OUTSIDE OF THE PRODUCT.
Think that would be blowning my subs by 'accidentally' hooking up a 500 watt amp and a 250 watt amp to each subwoofer that can only handle 250 watts? And if this accidentally happened less than a week before the warrenty was up.

Anyone work at CC that can tell me this or anyone that this unfortunete mishap has hapeed to? Or anyone that wants to give a random, or even not so random comment about this topic?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:26 PM
DakarM

first give us your real first and last name and the model and make of the sub.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:28 PM
b00gers

A sure way to blow it....hook it up to your wall socket.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:30 PM
dubcac
I

Well let me tell you a little story about that. A few years back, my old roommate worked for CC. He bought a $1k alpine deck, and purchesed the cityadvantage plan. His deck broke once about 2 years ago, he took it back, they fixed it. It broke earlier this year, so he took it back again. He was without the deck for over 2 months when it was finally sent back. He went to pick it up, and it wasn't fixed properly. So, they sent the deck in again. After 2 more months, they claim that the deck can't be fixed. Since the deck is no longer made, they say that they'll replace it with something comparable, and then lowball him. So, prepare to get screwed.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:33 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by dubcac
Well let me tell you a little story about that. A few years back, my old roommate worked for CC. He bought a $1k alpine deck, and purchesed the cityadvantage plan. His deck broke once about 2 years ago, he took it back, they fixed it. It broke earlier this year, so he took it back again. He was without the deck for over 2 months when it was finally sent back. He went to pick it up, and it wasn't fixed properly. So, they sent the deck in again. After 2 more months, they claim that the deck can't be fixed. Since the deck is no longer made, they say that they'll replace it with something comparable, and then lowball him. So, prepare to get screwed.

Weakshiet....

They should give you the price you paid for them initially....none of that "market value" bs.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:33 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by dubcac
They still make my subwoofers and plus I'd then try to get them to give me instore credit. I bought the two subs for 100 bucks. Then I would toss on another 50 maybe, shop around, have them price match someplace cheaper and get a great deal.

Or I wouldn't toss on the 50 since I owe my parents 200+ from the last two or three weeks and haven't still got some bills back, and also since I have to quit my job tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:34 PM
dubcac
I

They won't give you in store credit...trust me on this.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will pro-rate it. You've gotten x amount of months use out of these. They are now worth $25. We'll give you $25 towards a new set of subs.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:19 AM
goon54

ur gonna get screwed cuz i believe they will take the sub back to the manufacture. after the 3rd repair will they give u a new one. the lemon policy sucks......
Best Buy replacement plan > CC advantage plan....
Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
VPUPPY

i worked for circuit city as an installer(quit last year) and when customers brought their subs that were 'blown', installers had to check them out. all we did was ohm out the sub to see if the voice coil was ok. if it was a 4 ohm speaker, it should read ~4 ohms, and if it did not, we just swapped the subs out as long as we had the same model on still. you need to go to customer service first and tell them the subs are blown. then they will send a person to check the subs from the car audio department. the only question is how did it blow a week before the warranty was over. also, it depends on the manager you get if they have to get a manager to do the transaction.