Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I Love My Job

Old 08-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Love My Job

So I work for a small bank in Philadelphia and the chief lending officer (head guy for the entire lending department) threw a BBQ and pool party for the entire lending team as a kind of end-of-summer thing.

The party was supposed to go from about 4:00-10:00 and I got there around 5:00 or so. It was pretty far so I had to borrow a friend's car to get there and it happened that my boy Alex flew to Miami yesterday to party for his birthday (more on that in a bit) and he let me borrow his car. So I get there and it looks pretty empty. I was a little nervous because it had been raining all day and I wasn't sure if it was going to be cancelled or not. So I walk in and the guy welcomes me in, shows me where the beer and wine bar is and lets me know that everyone is downstairs. So I grab a Yuengling and head down. The next few hours were filled with me drinking beer, talking to my co-workers about things that I probably wouldn't talk to them about had I not had a little coersion from the alcohol. The only buzzkill while I was there was when I got a call from my friend Alex. He called me to let me know he was heading back to our friend's place where he is staying (and where I stayed a few months ago in Miami) after Jay-Z's BBQ. He went into great detail so I told him I was so jealous that I was going to put his car into a telephone pole...jokingly.

See, I wasn't quite sure what to expect because I just started, although I have heard that my company has a bad reputation for drinking too much. Well, I definitely realized the accuracy of that statement. While it was just beer and wine for the majority of the night, when the party thinned out a bit all of the hard liquor came out. I would have drank more because this guy lives 5 min. from my ex girlfriend (whom I was supposed to meet up with afterwards) but I couldn't get in touch with her so I had to prepare for the LONG drive back to the city. I ended up getting lost and managed to find my way back...somehow.

All in all a good night. I came home and passed out at 12:30 AM or so. I just realized I got a call from MrFatBootyat 4:37 AM which was most likely to tell me the story of his and Josh's antics at the bar last night.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:21 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

i watched Fight Club on DVD and sat on the couch all night.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:24 AM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

i love being a fluffer
Old 08-28-2005, 02:20 PM
AcuraFanatic

I puked, likely from drinking too much. Bad times.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:45 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich
i love being a fluffer
You do know what a fluffer is right?! :eek3:
Old 08-28-2005, 04:03 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

I had sex last night and then again this morning. LIFE IS GOOD!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 08-28-2005, 04:07 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Originally Posted by RB
I don't think he does. Reminds me of when I went to Blockbuster and they had a movie called "The Fluffer" and Dean Cain was on the cover. I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Joe

I went to a car show, then I chilled with some friends
Old 08-28-2005, 06:27 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by rich
i love being a fluffer
Originally Posted by RB
Originally Posted by NeverBX
I don't think he does. Reminds me of when I went to Blockbuster and they had a movie called "The Fluffer" and Dean Cain was on the cover. I couldn't stop laughing.
i do...just made the mistake of leaving myself logged in :doh:
Old 08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by NeverBX
I've seen that at Blockbuster too. But from looking it up on IMDB, that's not Dean Cain.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245115/