Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Green cards...

Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green cards...

Some girl showed hers today as ID and I had no other option but to refuse it, since the law states the ID must be state issued, or a military ID, or a passport.

But what's the point of it? I'm confused. Why not just become a citizen, or does that take a long time? Excuse my ignorance.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
Some girl showed hers today as ID and I had no other option but to refuse it, since the law states the ID must be state issued, or a military ID, or a passport.

But what's the point of it? I'm confused. Why not just become a citizen, or does that take a long time? Excuse my ignorance.
the process takes several years, though with a green card she should have no trouble getting a driver's liscense or a state issued ID card.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:33 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

It takes a few years and studying and a whole bunch of legal whatnot and background checks. I think... Thats why I heart dual citizenship.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:38 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by /^Blackbacca^\
the process takes several years, though with a green card she should have no trouble getting a driver's liscense or a state issued ID card.

once you qualify to become a citizen it's a 1 year process at the most. somtimes more if you're from a country that is on the list. such as mainland China.

but yeah a state ID should only take 30mins to turn in at the DMV.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
It takes a few years and studying and a whole bunch of legal whatnot and background checks. I think... Thats why I heart dual citizenship.

studying? okay i guess I studied for 30mins and it wasn't even needed. if you went to high school, then you should be able to answer all the questions asked.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:44 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
I didn't think the United States had dual citizenship.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:47 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

No, many of us do not have that kind of money. ~300 dollars. Another reason is because we're lazy. You could live the rest of your life with a green card.
What am I talking about. I am an United States Citizen.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

I'm a born citizen here and England. I don't know how but I am. My mom was originally from Wales.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:45 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

if u're not american, green card is the first step to achieving US citizenship... if u go for college here, u gotta get an F1 visa... when u work, a H1 visa which must be sponsored by the company employing u.... after a few yrs, u will be qualified for a green card..... few yrs later, u'll be a US citizen.... long ass process
Old 08-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Green Card just means permanent residency, which means you are allowed to enter, exit, travel within, and live in the US. Most people who come here first come in on a visa which has a renewable period and restrictions on the purpose you came here. For instance, an F1 visa means you can only go to school, but cannot seek employment outside the school.