Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anyone know anything about Scion XB's?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:23 PM
TeggerLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about Scion XB's?

My gf wants to trade in her 00 civic and get a scion XB before we leave for FL. Just wondering if they're any good? Gonna go look at some tonight. I did do a search for used XB's on autotrader and these things are selling for more used than new...wtf is up with that?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

i think your gf would be happy with it. they're room inside with lots of space + standard equip.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
TeggerLS

Originally Posted by Samson
i think your gf would be happy with it. they're room inside with lots of space + standard equip.
Yeah she's been saying she wanted one for a couple month's, plus we could use the room moving...kinda what made us think about getting one now instead of later.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dealer accessories jack up the price because they come bare boned for MSRP... i say you should buy new and go around to a few dealers talking to them online with exactly what you want in mind already. get a quote from one, bring it to another, and then do it again, until you get a price that you like
Old 08-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally Posted by sherwood
dealer accessories jack up the price because they come bare boned for MSRP... i say you should buy new and go around to a few dealers talking to them online with exactly what you want in mind already. get a quote from one, bring it to another, and then do it again, until you get a price that you like
i wouldnt say "bare boned". all the real stuff comes standard. the ricey add on stuff can all be added later or bought online. shift knobs, lights, etc...
Old 08-23-2005, 01:30 PM
TeggerLS

Originally Posted by sherwood
She's not looking for any accessories from the dealer, that shit is too expensive. I can get the stuff and install it myself if need be, she just wants to do the thing totally custom...not the norm ya know. But that's down the road when we can afford it.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:31 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Cheap, reliable, decent space, good gas mileage...and I think it looks pretty cool. However, its one of those love it or hate it sort of looks...so if she loves it, I fail to see what she has to lose.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
TeggerLS

Originally Posted by RB
Cheap, reliable, decent space, good gas mileage...and I think it looks pretty cool. However, its one of those love it or hate it sort of looks...so if she loves it, I fail to see what she has to lose.
Gonna find that out tonight when we go for a test drive. I like the way they look outside, not too crazy about the gauge setup, but I'll see it up close tonight and see how I feel.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by TeggerLS
Gonna find that out tonight when we go for a test drive. I like the way they look outside, not too crazy about the gauge setup, but I'll see it up close tonight and see how I feel.
well, keep us updated...i think it looks pretty decent.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:36 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by TeggerLS

Don't expect a whole lot out of the interior...I mean, it is a 14k car. Just don't get your hopes too high and you shant be disappointed.