Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

great, iran enriching uranium

Old 08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Tark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP James
it makes sense and seems like a good way to produce energy but why not do that in a full time setting such as a river (hydroelectricity) i guess i mean what makes tidal better than traditional hydro?
i dont think it's better just different depending on enviroment. Hydro need a river or stream of water. Tidal from what i see can be installed on a ocean shore.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
mayonaise

tidal generators seem like a great idea, and i wonder why it hasn't been adopted in more places. it could be cost prohibitave - large devices that are built on or anchored to the ocean floor are going to be a lot more difficult to maintain and service than anything on land. the cost of operating them might be so great, that it's not worth it (economically) for power companies to invest in the technology.

you'd at least need a fleet of service ships, trained divers ready at all times, submersible capability... whereas at a hyrdoelectric damn, you need none of these things.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

eh, iran has oil. no brainer there. Bush might as well claim that Iran have weapons of mass desctruction and rape it like iraq.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:29 PM
ACS S3 3.0
Honda Two Thhhhousand

to all you fools who think iran will use it for anything other than making weapons you are complete morons. stop being so naive, you guys need to realize that everyone in the world wants to destroy us and letting them enrich uranium is not in our best interest.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:49 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tark
oh... for some reason i thought the big problem with wind mill was the noise that it produced! the mettal to metal noise that is, and they couldnt find alubrication that would reduce that noise! hmmm... must be going crazy or maybe thats the problem of these vertical wind mills

The newest windmills are very quiet. They make approximately as much noise as a household refrigerator. They recently built a wind farm about 40 miles from my house and I'm honestly really excited about it.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Anyways, for the thread topic, big freaking deal if an Islamic nation wants to invest in nuclear power. Let them, it'll help with the economic developent of the nation.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:55 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Originally Posted by ISP James
whoop ass now. ask questions later.
:werd: Hows bout we pull a Ronald Regan and give one of Iran's neighboring nations some biochemical weapons? That will make short work of 'em
Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
Exactly! I highly doubt they are doing it for power. Otherwise they wouldn't be acting so shady about it :ugh:
I don't see how they're acting shady about it. They announced to the world that they were going to do it..
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
and what else would they be using it for?
paper weights :dunno: