Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

back from drift showoff at fedex field DC/Maryland

Old 07-23-2005, 04:29 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back from drift showoff at fedex field DC/Maryland

I took over 200+ pics, here's a couple for now.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:37 PM
S2Kev

A 2005 mustang? Haha, I wouldn't have expected one of those to be at a drift event.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:51 PM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

i was suppose to go to that today. But didn't. A couple of my buddies are drifters. Matt Martin (green 240 w/ mid-atlantic motorsports stickers), and brian wilkerson (tan 240 w/ silvia front end black)...
Old 07-23-2005, 04:58 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by e30dood
A 2005 mustang? Haha, I wouldn't have expected one of those to be at a drift event.
Actually so far the D1 USA circuit has been dominated by Vipers, GTOs and Mustangs. There's a bunch of 240s and RX-7s and stuff as well, but the teams with the American cars have factory support. Even a small investment in D1 by a major car company is a ton more resources than yer typical independent team.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:11 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

nice.........so you're going to upload into an album then link it to HAN or post them all up here?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:08 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

they show that stuff late nite on saturday on tech tv. boring*
11:30 PM
Formula D #5002
Intro to Drift #2: Meet the Drivers
Top drivers will give you a guided how-to look at the sport.
More Info

tonite at 11:30 ch. 73 for us S. cali folks.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:42 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Oh and sir bastard, what sort of lens were you using to take these shots? Looks like you got pretty tight in.

I would however suggest getting away from the idiot modes. For action shots you should use as wide an aperture as possible. When you're far away from something and the lens is focused at infinity you get a lot of depth of field. The wider the aperture the less depth of field, which helps blur the (usually) ugly background. Plus, a wider aperture lets in more light which allows for a faster shutter speed.

The first pic has a pretty wide open aperture and the background is blurred. The second one, not so much. h:
Old 07-23-2005, 07:22 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Oh and sir bastard, what sort of lens were you using to take these shots? Looks like you got pretty tight in.

I would however suggest getting away from the idiot modes. For action shots you should use as wide an aperture as possible. When you're far away from something and the lens is focused at infinity you get a lot of depth of field. The wider the aperture the less depth of field, which helps blur the (usually) ugly background. Plus, a wider aperture lets in more light which allows for a faster shutter speed.

The first pic has a pretty wide open aperture and the background is blurred. The second one, not so much. h:

Thanks man. They were taken with my Sigma 70-300mm Zoom from a distance. Yes they were in idiot mode because I was on limited battery and trying to juggle my sony video camera at the same time. h: I could have done a lot better if I had a "press pass", but instead I had to wait behind a barrier that sat behind another barrier and try to get a shot without someones head in the way.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:56 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by yellowbastard
Thanks man. They were taken with my Sigma 70-300mm Zoom from a distance. Yes they were in idiot mode because I was on limited battery and trying to juggle my sony video camera at the same time. h: I could have done a lot better if I had a "press pass", but instead I had to wait behind a barrier that sat behind another barrier and try to get a shot without someones head in the way.
Come on man, ya don't need no stinkin scene modes. Have you ever seen a professional camera with scene modes? No such thing exists. Going to aperture priority auto and leaving it set to the widest possible aperture is no less point-n-shoot than a scene mode. Scene modes are for people that don't know what fstops and shutter speeds are.

Last edited by MrFatbooty; 07-23-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:48 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

I got to see that S15 with the PasswordJDM logo on it being built at the shop h:

cool beans :thumbup:

oh and on a side note, I thought Gushi Auto's mustang was the only one to have factory backing?