Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

So I'm thinking about buying stocks online, any help!!!?!?!

Old 07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Hans Stoner
pimpin' south jersey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm thinking about buying stocks online, any help!!!?!?!

So, yea, I was thinking about buying/selling stocks online! Which online group is the best to join? which is more helpful? easier? etrade.com / scottrade.com / sharebuilder.com / any others? please a lil help. thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 04:44 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

If you are planning on frequent trades etrade, scottrade, etc. are ok...shop around

if you plan on making long term holds and do 2 or less trades a month then www.buyandhold.com is a good candidate...they can't trade all stocks though
Old 07-18-2005, 04:46 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Originally Posted by Hans Stoner
So, yea, I was thinking about buying/selling stocks online! Which online group is the best to join? which is more helpful? easier? etrade.com / scottrade.com / sharebuilder.com / any others? please a lil help. thanks
This is probably not the best forum for finding people with good answers to this.

You sound new. Start small so you don't lose your shirt. Read books. Read read read. Study. Research. You have a lot to learn, good luck.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:40 PM
jclau00

scottrade is probably the most popular of discount discount online brokerages. i think it's 7$ for a market/limit order. my friend that uses scott says the interface sucks. but hey it's cheap. you get what you pay for.

etrade is more like a financial service than a online broker. too much happening on the site. took me a while to figure out how to place a trade. i think it's 14$ a trade and my experience has been that their routing system sucks balls and the layout is too messy.

personally, i use ameritrade. been using it since 2000 when it was still datek. it's really simple (very vew links) and it's preferred by active traders. commissions are about average at 11$. i've been very satisfied with it so far.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I am using Ameritrade as well. It's really user friendly and gives you a pretty good breakdown of everything. You should definitely learn what you are getting into first though before you dive right in.