Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Cornering technique for a FWD - CRX in Forza

Old 06-20-2005, 10:36 AM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cornering technique for a FWD - CRX in Forza

Since I don't have the resources for actual track driving, I do it the cheap way in the virtual world on xbox: Forza Motorsport. People playing Forza know that the CRX dominates class D and C.

Anyways, I'm wondering if my driving technique with the CRX is a good one and how well does it compare to real life.

In Class D and C, I'm up against cars like the Silvia S15, Integra Type R, and Evo VII, etc. I reduced weight as much as possible, added a roll cage for rigidness, and upgraded to 2 way differentials.

So here's my strategy:
I first I need to get out of traffic so on a convenient curve, I get on the inside track and brake late, relying on my lightweight car to allow the later braking compared to the heavier cars I'm against. I trailbrake into the turn a bit just enough to keep the front suspension compressed and to initiate the tail kicking out from the stiff rear roll bar. As it kicks out and I hear/feel the rear tires slipping, I add gas when I'm beginning to point in the right direction (front tires still have traction). The differential helps avoid torque steer and the acceleration causes a weight shift to the right which helps the kicked out rear to gain traction. If I'm understeering, I lift throttle to allow more rear kick out. Then, I accelerate out of the turn.

Is this similar to the "dog piss" FWD thing?

Since I'll never be able to do this in real life, how does it compare to real life? (for those who do go on the track)
Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Dubs
Just wait...

It's just a video game...:dunno:
Old 06-20-2005, 03:34 PM
ACS S3 3.0
Honda Two Thhhhousand

talk about a serious gaming experience
Old 06-20-2005, 04:10 PM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

pictures of crx in this game....

waht can you mod them like!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:53 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

You guys don't know anything about Forza racing sim?

Mods are all about effect on performance. Lot's of parameter sliders. For example, if you buy a rear wing with adjustable downforce, you can adjust the downforce it produces to tweak your car for a particular application or track.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:01 PM
ACS S3 3.0
Honda Two Thhhhousand

cool :dunno:

video games are over
Old 06-20-2005, 06:15 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

so what are the cornering techniques for a RWD - CRX? *BONG*
Old 06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
808nakoa

ok... u should play with some of the better cars, i got my rsx up to class B in less than half an hour
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Dekz
Driver of "The Coug"

Originally Posted by 808nakoa
ok... u should play with some of the better cars, i got my rsx up to class B in less than half an hour
:doh:

That's not the point. D class is tons of fun because all of the races are so close and competitive. Personally, I just got sick of EVERYBODY using the CRX so I have boycotted it. I will use ANY car other than the CRX. Most of the time they beat me, sometimes I win. Feels good to win because then I straight up know I am a better driver because the other guy had a superior car.

I find that left foot braking helps a TON with the FWD cars in forza. You can be understeering like a savage, bring on the brakes a bit while you keep the gas to the floor and the front end comes right around where you want it to.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by Dubs
It's just a video game...:dunno:

what he said. it's hard to say since it doesn't translate into the real world. games all have different physics/limits so you have to find where you can exploit the games weaknesses and the strengths.

me having never played the game I have no idea. also in the real world, the corner technique depends on too many variables to say a particular one will work for all corners... well maybe one, corner better/faster than your opponent :chuckles:
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.