Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Interesting experience

Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting experience

HAH well i had an interesting experience today My bro was working on my sisters Suzuki sideklck, working on replacing the allignment parts. Well he asked me to pull off the carter pins that are one the passenger sdie so i have at the first one and get it off, and the next one is under the car. So I grab the creeper and i go under there and im working on the second one. Im bitching about the thing being a pain in the ass when all of a sudden the jack stand kicks out and the car is ontop of me. At this point im kinda freaked out but i had enough state of mind left to kinda think to my self "how bad off am I" so i kinda take a few deep breaths and relize the car is just sitting on my upper chest, alot of pressure, but no sharp pains, so aside from my immediate scream to "get this off of me" i started saying "im ok, dont worry" i doubt i was understandable though lol. My bro was really quick to get the car jacked up and I rolled out of there, kinda shocked, but basicly ok. Afterwards was a little upsetting, but that was a big family fight kinda thing between my bro and dad and yea it wasnt cool. So yea, now ive got a nice red line across my upper chest and im sure that will be surrounded by a good welt and bruising come tommorow. I havent seen a doctor, dont really think i need too, but i will if it seems to get worse. I wont show ya pics cuz im not into showing off my man tats What was surprising to me though, was through the whole thing i wasnt scared, i was surprised entialy(i know there are LOTS of spelling issues so dont bother)but for the most part i was only thinking about my current condition and how close my bro was to getting the car off.

CLIFFS: working on my sisters car, the thing fell on me, big nasty looking red line, and soreness
Old 06-17-2005, 04:36 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

*alignment
*cotter
*side
*realize
*basically
*initially
Old 06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Holy sh*t... :eek4: You are one lucky man.

How the hell did the jack stand fail? :huh:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:47 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by LT6916
*alignment
*cotter
*side
*realize
*basically
*initially
yea yea i know hfawk:
Old 06-17-2005, 04:50 PM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

What kind of surface was the jackstand on?
Old 06-17-2005, 04:59 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Thats crazy man. Glad to hear you are okay though. I always properly place my jackstands, chock the rear tires, place a spare floor jack in position underneath the car, and the 2 tires wheels on both sides. I'm too cautious! h:
Old 06-17-2005, 05:14 PM
BonzoAPD

damn that's insane. Glad you're ok
Old 06-17-2005, 06:55 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Holy sh*t... :eek4: You are one lucky man.

How the hell did the jack stand fail? :huh:
well i guess my bro was trying to jack the car up, and when he did, some how the jack stand went off kilter and the thing came down on me. Im well awares that this could have been alot worse, but luckily it wasnt quite time for my ass to check out
Old 06-17-2005, 07:34 PM
MPerson

I was always afraid of that happening to me, I was never claustrophobic unless I was under a car, after a while of working under cars I got used to it.

All I do is two jack stands in the front or rear jack points and the floor jack on a front/rear control arm joint.... cautious enough for me... I used to have cement blocks on the sides just incase.. eep
Old 06-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Dude... my boobs would have sooooo been crushhhhed.
Glad you're okay.
Luck man. Go buy a lotto ticket.