Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Advice: MBA or MBS and why?

Old 06-16-2005, 09:44 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice: MBA or MBS and why?

Hello everyone,

I am on a quest for a higher education.
I would like to start by asking for your opinion.
I want to pursue a masters degree, but I'm not sure which one to shoot for. The MBS will be towards engineering and the MBA towards business.

I would like your insight on:

1.) what are the pro's and con's of each master program

2.) what you think is more beneficial for a risk management consultant (my career) and why

3.) what are some accredited programs in California or online, how much is tuition, and how long does it take

My BS was in mechanical engineering and I'd prefer to complete the program with the least amount of time.

Thanks,

Errol
Old 06-17-2005, 03:13 AM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

1, 2, 3: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/grhome.htm
Old 06-17-2005, 04:34 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

don't want to rain on parades but most people i work with have an MBA - it is becoming almost an extension of the normal BA they would acquire...others that have a normal BA are just as smart and resourceful

if you are looking at MBAs do something unique like get an international focus like with thunderbird or get a more specialized degree such as the MBS (it will set you apart from the MBA masses)...btw i decided against an MBA and got a JD instead even though i don't practice law but rather do more strategic and business focused work
Old 06-17-2005, 09:13 AM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

i would work for at least 2-3 years in the field, get some real experience, and then go back. not only will you be more "seasoned" - but your company might pick up the tab
Old 06-17-2005, 12:34 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

Originally Posted by rich
i would work for at least 2-3 years in the field, get some real experience, and then go back. not only will you be more "seasoned" - but your company might pick up the tab
company will pick it up now. i just figured that since i have some time, i might as well finish up my schooling.