Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Low price strategy or just bad business?

Old 05-29-2005, 11:14 AM
catatonic
(´Д`)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low price strategy or just bad business?

You know how ebay is overrun with companies who just sell things at "auction" just using the Buy It Now function, right? OK. I found a great deal on a new Greddy turbo kit with intercooler and piping on eBay, from a company that I found out was somewhat well known for very fast shipping and excellent communication. So I bid and won. Paid immediately, transaction was complete that same day.

So four days go by, no invoice, no tracking info, nada. Emailed the address provided and tried to contact them through eBay. No response for four more days. Three days go by with three consecutive emails that got no reply. Finally I said F it, left negative feedback and one last email threatening further action. That got their attention. They pretty much said, "sorry the kits are on backorder from Japan, we'll send you the intercooler now." Great. Apparently, despite their claims of a "large wharehouse"(direct quote, I know it is misspelled), they don't keep large stocks of items because space=money=higher prices.

My question is, is it against eBay policy or just bad business to put up auctions for items that may or may not be in stock? In addition, they should have emailed me right away and told me the situation, maybe then I would have been more forgiving.

ps- I'm just curious what you all think because they're pissed I won't change the negative feedback on eBay.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

people do that all the time on ebay...sucks but it happens
Old 05-29-2005, 11:30 AM
tonysstudio

it happens, i hate that. had the same thing happen on many items i have purchased.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:36 AM
HondaHoney
My other car is a PUC

yes, they should have told you it was on B/O. no matter what kind of business, they should have some sort of professionalism. after day two of my contact efforts being ignored, i would have gotten my money back and cancelled my order no question as well as complained to ebay. i hold business to high standards