Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

best cold air intake ?

Old 05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
btdesalvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best cold air intake ?

is there a great difference between the AEM V2 intake compared to a cheap $40 intake off of ebay ?? my guess is yes but how much difference would you say ? and are there any other good intake that you could suggest that may be a little on the cheaper side that produce close to the same results as the V2?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

There is a negligible difference. Don't waste your money on the V2 or even an AEM CAI or SRI. The ebay one will perform the same for much cheaper.

If you want a quality intake, the comptech icebox is one of the best out there. It will eliminate the chance of hydrolock, will provide better gains than AEM intakes, and will not be as loud.

Next time, do a search because this whole topic has been covered hundreds of times.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
civicandtegra

i think more that hundreds im gonna get a comptec i think. if i put a turbo on it u think i would be able to run pipe to it
Old 05-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by civicandtegra
i think more that hundreds im gonna get a comptec i think. if i put a turbo on it u think i would be able to run pipe to it
Doubtful, but you can try...