Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

question about returning something...

Old 05-07-2005, 12:07 AM
wagon89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You used the book right? So is it still new? How is the spine? Bent?. $9.00 an hour so that makes it OK I fail to see the logic. Thermal printed receipt ink rubbing off? Sounds like you owned it awhile?

Then again I do have a magazine I bought at Barnes and noble last week that cost $10.00+ tax.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:10 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by wagon89
You used the book right? So is it still new? How is the spine? Bent?. $9.00 an hour so that makes it OK I fail to see the logic. Thermal printed receipt ink rubbing off? Sounds like you owned it awhile?

Then again I do have a magazine I bought at Barnes and noble last week that cost $10.00+ tax.
the book sat on my desk since the day i bought it.
the ink rubbed off becuz i kept the receipt in my wallet. you almost make me want to take pics of it and show you, lol. whatever, to me...money is money
Old 05-07-2005, 03:43 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by RB
Returning a 30 dollar book isn't ghetto, its thrifty. I say go for it.

It's like returning an empty plate at a restaurant and complaining the food was cold. You got what you needed and then try to get your money back. h:
Old 05-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Wharbone

No harm in asking. Worst that can happen is they say no.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:16 AM
midwestgsr

stupid... if you wanted to read the book and not pay for it you should have read it in the store. i know i've seen PLENTLY of people reading books in Borders... IMO if you purchase the book it is yours. You got your moneys worth out of it by reading it, now if you don't want it sell it online or something. do you return your clothes after you wear them too? "thrifty" people don't go around screwing people. just keep this in mind if you ever own a business. if you sold something would you want your customer to use it and then bring it back? prolly not. looks to me like a case of the golden rule.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally Posted by midwestgsr
stupid... if you wanted to read the book and not pay for it you should have read it in the store. i know i've seen PLENTLY of people reading books in Borders... IMO if you purchase the book it is yours. You got your moneys worth out of it by reading it, now if you don't want it sell it online or something. do you return your clothes after you wear them too? "thrifty" people don't go around screwing people. just keep this in mind if you ever own a business. if you sold something would you want your customer to use it and then bring it back? prolly not. looks to me like a case of the golden rule.
God i hate people like you. Granted you got the second part right, but BORDERS IS NOT A LIBRARY!

People get sooo pissed off the books are damaged, and its because of jerks like you who waste the employee's time and the company's money just so you can read for free. Its called a library, use it.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:40 AM
midwestgsr

Originally Posted by HAN Frodo
God i hate people like you. Granted you got the second part right, but BORDERS IS NOT A LIBRARY!

People get sooo pissed off the books are damaged, and its because of jerks like you who waste the employee's time and the company's money just so you can read for free. Its called a library, use it.
STFU! I never said i read in there, but why do you think there are chairs set up all around the store? they welcome people in their stores for that. that is what makes borders and barnes and noble different from the other book stores.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:45 AM
midwestgsr

here you go... from the website....

"We provide cozy chairs, comfortable cafes, and listening stations, so our customers can relax and stay awhile. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to help you find what you're looking for, or you can use our convenient Title Sleuth stations to explore on your own."

"When Borders opened its first international store in Singapore, the local custom was to keep new books shrink-wrapped in plastic. We took the wrappers off and uncovered a new world of exploration for shoppers there."

hmmmm.... wonder why this is on their website...
Old 05-07-2005, 08:47 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

woohoo, went this morning, no line...no hawt girl...no hassle
30 bucks into my pockets.

i seriously didnt even use the book guys, i dont know why you are tripping. its not like i ripped pages out of it. it was hardly touched.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:57 PM
nevets
WAAAGH!!

now that thats done.

lets leave the guy alone, alright?